What Acoustics do JCF Members Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Acoustics do JCF Members Play?

I am starting to collect money for my acoustic buy in a few months, so I wanted to get a general opinion of what guitars to try out when I go to Guitar Center or whatever?

Re: What Acoustics do JCF Members Play?

I play a Takamine EG335SC 12 string with cutaway and electronics.

Comment

Ovation Tangent T357 like this

Comment

I have an old Seagull, one of the cheaper models. My parents bought it and sent it to me back in '83 when I was in Beirut so I had something to jam on.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i play an ibanez for a 6 string and a washburn for a 12 string.
          these are all low end acoustics that i feel comfortable playing out and that play/sound decent.
          if i had more $$$, i would definitley go with either a taylor or a larivee.

Comment

i have an ovation pinnacle 6 string and a yamaha APX 12 string, like bret michaels uses on "every rose has it's thorn" - but without the painted rose [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a cheap Fender-my first guitar. But if I were gonna get a new one, I'd get one of the $800-$1000 Takamines. I love the EAN40C, with the electronics and the cedar top.

Comment

Larrivee LV-09E. Rosewood back & sides, spruce top, ebony board, mahogany neck. Plays like a dream and sounds amazing.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I have an Alvarez Yairi Koa Acoustic/Electric once owned by Dave Mustaine. When I received the guitar, it had the initials M.F. on the case lock. I new that Marty had used an Alvarez Yairi on Youthanasia, so I contacted Marty to discuss the guitar. He told me that he was the one with an endorsement with St. Louis Music and that the guitar more than likely belonged to him but that he had no way to prove it. I then contacted St. Louis music and their records don't reveal what instruments are sent to endorsees.

Anyway, sorry for the long story, but the guitar is absolutely wonderful.
                  "POOP"

Comment

I am still using my 1988 Celebrity with a Dean Markley pro mag. I am seriously thinking about selling this. Lately I have been getting into the more natural sound of the all wood acoustics.

Brian

Comment

My wife's $20 beater - it's great and sounds much better than my old APX but doesn't get used much as I'm a distortion man really.
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I would like to pick up an Adamas some day.

Comment

I use a Roland VG8 for acoustic. Sorry, as much as I like the sound, I hate the huge bodies, and the care that must be taken in owning an acoustic................

Comment

I would love to have one of these Taylor Acoustic with jumbo body.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I have an old Seagull, one of the cheaper models. My parents bought it and sent it to me back in '83 when I was in Beirut so I had something to jam on.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Scott....you were with 1/8?? I didn't realize you were in Beirut [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

My hats off to ya bro...I was with 1/8 96/97 26th MEU </font>

Comment

Working...
                              X