What Acoustics do JCF Members Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Acoustics do JCF Members Play?

Wahsburn D-10-super cheap, sounds decent, beat to heck and still works. I have fallen in love with Alvarez acoustics recently-not the real cheap 200 dollar ones, but a step up-I believe it was the AD60 series-great sound, awesome necks, Korean made-but you wouldn't guess it unless you looked at the sticker. Price was around 400 for AC/EL with a koa top. Check them out-I don't think GC carries them though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I have an old Seagull, one of the cheaper models. My parents bought it and sent it to me back in '83 when I was in Beirut so I had something to jam on.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Scott....you were with 1/8?? I didn't realize you were in Beirut [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

My hats off to ya bro...I was with 1/8 96/97 26th MEU </font>

[/ QUOTE ]I was with MSSG 22, 22nd MAU, Shore Party Platoon. There's no party like Shore Party!
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i use some old alvarez acoustic i picked up in a pawn shop...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Washburn EA-36 Robert plant model. I just bought her maybe 5 months ago...my first acoustic...I figured it's about time after 10+ years playing electrics. Killer guitar!
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

Ibanez AEG10N Classical with cutaway and preamp and Early 70's Ovation Balladeer without cutaway or preamp.

Comment

I use a Taylor 2001 810CE and a Seagull S6+cedar. I have a Yamaha classical as well, but don't get that one out as much as I used to.

Jason

Comment

Takamine EF341SC.

Its the all black one with the cutaway. Plays &amp; sounds great plugged or unplugged &amp; the built in tuner is very convenient.

Comment

Guild D50 6 string
                  Guild JF30-12 Jumbo 12 string
                  Giannini Classical

Comment

2000 Taylor big baby.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a Takamine EF341C; A full bodied dreadnaught acoustic in black w/ a cutaway. It's the same model that Springsteen used to play live. I've used it for solo acoustic shows, and just messing around the house. The action is perfect, it almost plays like an electric...That's pretty much why I bought it...And I'm working on getting a Tak 12-string specifically for recording.

I used to jam w/ a bud of mine that owned a Taylor...I'll just say this about 'em; If you can afford one.. GET IT!!! They are some of the best acoustics I've ever played.

-Kenn

Comment

None!! The first acoustic I ever played was a really nice 60's Martin &amp; I've never played anything else that even came close so.....no acoustics for me!!

Comment

Ovation Elite 6 &amp; 12.
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

My Taylor 814CE and I just bought a Martin HD-35 for my Dad as a Christmas Present.... If the Martin had upper fret access she would never leave my house.... Instead, she's going to the old man. The Taylor??? Well, the Taylor just kicks ass.

Comment

Ibanez AW500 (the older version 1997 I think). Nice guitar I got new on closeout for 185.00.
                              RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                              CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                              Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

<ul type="square">[*]Taylor 614ce - this is my baby - this is the best acoustic guitar I have ever played and I played a lot of guitars before choosing this one.
                                [*]Suzuki classical - this is my first guitar. It sounds very good. Note the smaller body - I got it when I was younger.
                                [*]Takamine - this is the guitar I've had the longest other than my Suzuki classical. I play this all the time. I sit outside with it. My kids beat on it. I've dropped it. I can't believe it's still in one piece. This guitar was a great buy.
                                [*]Taylor 314ce - this is a cool guitar but I just don't play it. It's Ebay bound.
                                [/list]
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X