Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Neck-Thru

Hi,

Saw a guitar in my local music store.... and I know this isn't telling you much but, it was all wood looked like maple???? neck-thru, very nice condition, looked as though the whole thing had been tung oiled. one humbucker, and a 3way toggle. What would be a fair price for a used Carvin Neck-Thru?

Any clue? Anyone?

Thanks

Re: Carvin Neck-Thru

K got more info

Serial #67555
    2 hum
    1 Toggle
    2 mini toggles
    Volume and tone
    koa
    Neck Through
    fixed bridge

Sorry about the missed info. I looked at it real fast.

Comment

Carvin Serial #`s are undetectable, but is it all KOA or just the body? If it is all KOA, that sounds sweet brother!! The all maple Carvins were way to to bright sounding. Can you get me some pics? I am not not trying to buy it from out under you, just trying to help you. Jack. Jack.

Comment

Sounds like a DC127 with electronic setup it has.They are very nice guitars I own a couple of Carvin myself.The serial number does not mean much. If you want more info try here http://www.carvinmuseum.com/ and click on the Guitar ID guide.Unfortunately Carvins have a poor resell value.I would say $400-500 if it is really clean , less if a player.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I can't afford it right now but if anoyone else is interested PM me and I will get you in touch with the dealer. It looks and plays awesome. Wish I had the money.

Ron

Comment

The all-koa Carvins sometimes go for a little more--say, $500-600. Especially now that koa is very difficult to get.

The only Carvins that have held their value well (at least on eBay) are the old DC160 and the DN612 doubleneck. Actually, the 7-stringers also sell for a bit more used, but they still have a pretty big drop-off from the new price.

Comment

yeah there asking 499 on it however, they said they are negotiable.

Comment

That's not a bad price if it's in good condition.

Comment

One of the best guitars I ever owned was a Koa DC-135. Koa is very soft though. It's easy to ding up.
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                  X