Godin freeway classic [pics inside]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godin freeway classic [pics inside]

Hey guys i finally bought another guitar, nope not a jackson or charvel this time but a Godin. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I really like the tonality of the guitar it soudns really bright. Anyway i'll quit talking here are the pics [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] :

Specs:

Body - Silver Leaf Maple center with Poplar wings
    Fingerboard - Maple or Rosewood
    Neck - Maple
    Scale - 25½"
    Electronics - Godin humbucker-single-humbucker, tremolo bridge, double 5-way switch, volume & tone controls

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinfreewayclassicp.htm

Adios,

ShaQ

Re: Godin freeway classic [pics inside]

Man, I love the birdseye! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] How much did you buy it for?

Comment

Those are great guitars - especially for the money! I don't know how much you paid, but up here in Ottawa, you can buy one of those Canada/US-made bad boys for less than a Korean-made Epi LP!!

Comment

Oh, I had no idea they were American-made as well. I knew they were Canadian though. They're related to Seagull (another Canadian company) somehow, I think.

Comment

Awesome birdseye. Wow. congrats and enjoy.

Comment

Sweet neck!
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Oh, I had no idea they were American-made as well. I knew they were Canadian though. They're related to Seagull (another Canadian company) somehow, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Godin is their parent company, as well as the parent of several other affordable acoustic brands. All the electrics are made in Canada and assembled in New Hampshire. The acoustics are 100% made in Canada.

http://godinguitars.com/

Comment

Shakeel, what's the neck profile like on that guitar? Is it similar to the LG series neck?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Seagull and Godin are owned by Robert Godin's parent company LaSiDo (from the French scale: Do Ray Me Fa So La Si Do representing C to C) along with Art & Lutherie, Norman and Simon & Patrick. Godin made a lot of early Kramer parts, and did necks and bodies for Fender shortly after Uncle Bob picked the company up from CBS sans production facilities. Anyway, the electrics are assembled in the States from parts made in Canada, proving that we can do something good together when we want to (mad cow disease, softwood lumber, water tables and the war in Iraq not withstanding) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow thanks guys!

The list price here in the Netherlands was € 599, but i got it voor € 450 that's like 400 - 425 us dollars i think.

@The eristic, to be honest i don't what the neck profile is.

It's a pretty funny story how i got this godin actually, yesterday morning i went to the music store in order to buy a 6 string dean egde Q BASS guitar. But the bass wasn't in stock anymore so i checked out some guitars. While looking around at the guitar section i saw this godin for such an adorable price. I tested the guitar for an hour and i just bought it without even knowing the model well but it just felt right ( love at first sight lol :P )

I have a question about the fretboard the specs say it's Maple, but is it a special maple or something? It looks a little bit like a birdseye thingy? ( sorry i'm a n00b )

oh btw thank you all for the info about Godin guitars man it's nice to know more of the brand, so if you guys have more info to share don't hestitate [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

hey, that looks pretty nice! congrats, ShaQ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey VitimanG long time no C , thanks a lot man [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Great grab on the Godin! I have an LG Signature and it's a killer guitar. The Freeway is a very cool machine. The neck is a little more "stratty" than the LG series, but very fast and smooth. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

cool, at which store did you buy it? at that price I should definately check one out.. it looks beautiful.. sound clip (: ?
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Hey guys thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seems like the LG series are very cool as well anyone willing to share some pics of their LG ?

@AfterForever are you THE after forever the dutch guy? I bought the axe at Feedback r'dam, i'll post a soundclip this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X