Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOTS OF PICS of my 1998 Taylor K14c! Hells YEAH!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTS OF PICS of my 1998 Taylor K14c! Hells YEAH!!!

Pics first.

Guitar in the "pink poodle" case:

Full front:

Full back:

Headstock front:

Headstock closeup:

Headstock closeup, artsy high contrast:

Ebony board, limited edition MOP inlays, tortoiseshell binding closeup:

Soundhole label:

Western red cedar soundboard:

Abalone rosette, tortoiseshell soundhole binding closeup:

Ebony bridge, Tusq saddle, ebony bridge pins with MOP inlay closeup:

Grand Auditorium body, front:

Venetian cutaway showing flame Hawaiian koa, back:

Grand Auditorium Acacia koa body, back:

Headstock back and gold Grover tuners:

Neck joint:

Koa back and sides:

Neck joint, closeup:

Venetian cutaway closeup:

Headstock overlay reflection:

Headstock top:

Full specs here:
    http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars...ls.asp?id=k14c

This guitar rules. This and the Shannon are not going ANYWHERE. I think this is going to be the last GAS for a LONG time. Now I can start PLAYING again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks for looking. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: LOTS OF PICS of my 1998 Taylor K14c! Hells YEAH!!!

nice! I like that headstock reflection pic - nice touch. Taylors are the best acoustic guitars - you're going to be happy with that for a long time.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

awesome! it looks great
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

My God, it's beautiful notp! Are you a salesman or something? Your presentation really makes me want that guitar. Yes, nice reflection, how did you do that?

Man, i wish i could build such a guitar with those beautiful details like the rosette and the neck joint and all. Tortoiseshell binding!? Awesome!

What pricerange is such a Taylor if you don't mind me asking?
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

VERY SWEEETTT!!!!
          Now I need to collect $1400..
          [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Nice [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: LOTS OF PICS of my 1998 Taylor K14c! Hells YEA

I tend to go overkill with the detailed photos. Maybe that's how I managed to sell three of my guitars over the course of one month. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] This digital camera is the best investment. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The reflection picture was the result of the sun shining into my bedroom window and reflecting off the headstock overlay onto the wall below the windowsill while the guitar was turned around. I was trying to photograph the back of the guitar when I noticed the cool reflection and I decided that I HAD to take a picture of that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] In picture 2, you can sort of see some weird headstock reflection on the wall too, but it's not as careful as the real reflection picture.

The little decorative appointments are flawless. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] It's beautiful without being overbearing and "bling-bling". You look a the whole guitar (pictures 1 and 2 for example) and the decorations are not too distracting but instead add a nice touch of elegance and luxury. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The closest thing to this K14c in Taylor's current lineup is the K14ce-L7 Fall Limited which lists in the official Taylor pricelist for $5,438 American!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Holy moley! It's basically the same thing as my K14c except it has electronics (Taylor Expression System pickup/electronics), Engelmann spruce soundboard instead of western red cedar, and more bling-bling decorations/inlays. I paid $2,400 Canadian dollars (used but in virtually mint condition) which included the highly coveted "pink poodle" archtop case. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It's half investment, half main acoustic guitar for me. Demand for Hawaiian koa is going up and there's not enough supply to meet it, so maybe the value will go up, not that I will ever sell this guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've got a video link posted in the Non J/C Related sub-forum... go check it out... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

WOW awesome guitar! beautiful!
                I should also go unplugged someday [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] :P

Enjoy the axe man

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I've got a video link posted in the Non J/C Related sub-forum... go check it out... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Already did. Like your pics better. They are SHARP! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You know me, i can't watch blurred stuff for more than miliseconds. It freaks me out [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Some of my pics actually turned out blurry but I didn't realize it until I had uploaded the pics to my computer and put the guitar away. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh well. Now I will surely ask for a tripod for Christmas. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Two things about the video being blurry. I had to compress it so that people will not be turned off by the huge download size, and the focus on my camera is fixed when I'm in video recording mode. Maybe I should have focused on the guitars close up first, THEN backed away from them to begin my video. Oops! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

How does the guitar smell like?
                      Some of these guitars do smell like.....wood.
                      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, it does smell woodier than my other two guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My first solid wood acoustic. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Very, very nice looking Taylor!

Comment

Very Nice.... and Welcome to the Taylor Club.... I will have my 814CE for the rest of my life.... I know how happy you are with it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks everyone. Brad, remember I was the one who asked you about where you got your 814ce from? You then gave me the link to the guy on Ebay who was selling practically new 814ce Taylors at great used prices. It was pretty much then that I really started searching for a Taylor over the net. Up until then, I had only shopped around locally, trying to get my hands on every Taylor I could play. I honestly might have played more Taylors than the total number of Jacksons in my life. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] After that, a JCFer linked me to the Acoustic Guitar Forum (formerly Taylor Guitar Forum) and then GAS hit me like a ton of bricks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've only made like 50 posts there so far and I've already bought one of their guitars... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Contrast this to me on the JCF where I didn't even buy a guitar until I had well over 3500 posts... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Your 814ce is a 2003 or 2004 model, correct? I remember the Expression System. How do you like that electronics suite? Did you get the ES cable with it? I decided to go no electronics for my first Taylor purchase... I found that I rarely plugged in my 12-string Takamine anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X