Brian Moore i91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Moore i91

Anybody know anything about these? Thinking of buying one just to check out. I have heard good things about BM but no info on the lower-end stuff like the i1000 series. Thanks -Frank

Re: Brian Moore i91

frank, i have played a lot of brian moore guitars and my experience is that that 1000 series is pretty crappy. i have the i8.13P from the 2000 series and it absolutely killer. so killer that i couldn't justify spending the money to buy the C55 that the store also had, which is what i went there to buy!!

the 1000 series pickups and hardware are cheesy. the necks and fret work aren't as consistent as the 2000 series, and the finishes aren't as nice.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Frank my buddy has a C55 USa Made and the difference in quality is substantial between those and the i series models. MD got lucky with his, all of the ones I've played have been OK, but when compared to the C55 you can really see the difference
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I have the i9f (with floyd), got on ebay for $625 and it is very nice. Good hardware, good construction, good quality, nice feel.

The i91 retails for $695, the i9 for $1295, so there is '$600' worth of better hardware/quality in the 2000 series.

I agree with skipping the 1000 series and go with the 2000 series. Here's an i9 from the 2000 series for $600 with 20 hours left:
        i9 on ebay

Comment

Thanks guys. FWIW, MF is blowing out the i1000 series stuff pretty cheap.

Comment

i owned an older i2 which is the equivelent of a i2 2000 sereis and it was awesome.
            the hardware and construction is one of the best i've seen in a sub $1000 guitar.

Comment

Working...
            X