is my new Ibanez RG screwed?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is my new Ibanez RG screwed?!?!

Hey Jimi, I have bought from both thos eplaces before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Picked up my Wolfgang from Axe in Calgary, and Ill never go to L&M again because aterr bought my first ibanez there, I swore Id never shop there again because of how I was treated.

On a side note, a new RG321 in sask after taxes is 625$. I paid roughly 300$cdn for this.

Comment

It seems like Ibanezs do this the most, I hated waiting on ups to bring me my jem ang Rg550, I've just seen this happen to these guitars more than any other manufacter
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

YOu might be better off taking the hit on shipping and importing and just doing a straight return. Then take your business elsewhere. I'm sure there are a million Ibanez dealers who would be glad to sell you a first quality item.

Comment

Actually, that is both an easy fix, and not that uncommon when shipping guitars, especially if they are dropped flat. AS it was explained to me by Ross, the guitar tech I go to, the compression can loosen up the fretboard bonding from the neck. I do recommend taking it to a professional guitar tech, and having them fix it. Ask Music123 if they will reimburse you for the cost of the repair by submitting a receipt from the shop that performs it. For the record, the exact same thing happened to my Eagle when it was shipped down from Canada. The shipping company (Purolater Courier) actually got stuck with the bill for the repairs (about $165 USD, including a paint blend). So you have a couple options to pursue as far as reimbursement for the necessary repairs. Other than the delay in getting to play your baby, as long as the damage is only a fretboard lifting from the neck, she should be fine. Good luck.

Comment

well, talked to music 123.com today

they were a lot coole rthen I expected. I never had to haggle, they'll send me one (sent tonight) along with the cable, and they'll pay for shipping to send the defective one back.

it'll still cost me some border fee's, but thats life eh.

Qaulity of this one unit aside, its a great guitar for thr $$$. Solid mahog body that looks great, pups arent THAT bad. A simple change to locking tuners, a graphtech nut, a new bridge pup, a ghost piezo system, and ill be ok I think!

Comment

Great this thread is making me uneasy about my rr5 that will be comming soon [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I think ibanezs break at least 5 to 1, I don't know what's up with those necks
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I think ibanezs break at least 5 to 1, I don't know what's up with those necks

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I had an inside source at Daddy's Junly Music that would get me into the warehouse in Manchester New Hampshire so I could buy up parts and pieces. I always would end up taking home a pile ot headless brand new Ibanez guitars scavenged of hardware.

Comment

liquid hide glue and a C-Clamp.

I had it happen to a maple board once in sipping almost just like that. easy fix based on the pictures...
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm glad the situation has been resolved. That's a sweet-looking guitar. I wonder why Ibanez doesn't produce a higher-level Japanese RG guitar with those specs? Rumor has it that there will be a fixed-bridge JEM coming out in the near future, but that probably won't have a mahogany body.

Comment

Sound like you got the issue fixed already. I was going to suggest to take it to a tech that is Ibanez licensed as I'm sure there is a warranty with a new guitar such as that and labor to fix it would be covered. But if Music123 is going to pay shipping back and send a new one.. by all means, I think that is the best route to go.

Its not just Canada that has these problems with mail order. I've had a couple guitars where the quality was really poor from Korea (Epi LP most notable) and these mail/interenet order places just pedal it out anyways. At least you have 45 days to return but you'll still eat some shipping costs as I believe they don't pay your return shipping.

As far as Ibanez, I own at least 6 MIJ bolt on neck RG's..never had any issues nor am I anticipating any.
                        Yes, the wizard necks are thin at the headstock, I guess I must have had the luck of the draw. I've had them withstand shipment even w/o case.

Comment

Epi's are made in China now, at least the ones I was looking at. I would send those photos along with the serial # to Ibanez, if there is a problem someplace with their glues they are using, or someone at QC is asleep on the job, they should get that info so they can fix it.

Comment

thanks for chiming in fellows.

Id like to point out to anyone INTERESTED in this guitar, that even though it has its shortcomings, for 240$ you get a pretty damn good guitar. With another few bucks in mods, its a real keeper.

I just ordered a Graphtech Piezo system, as well as a graphtech nut. From there im gonna order some locking tuners, and a Dimarzio Super Distortion Humbucker. The mahog body, nice styling, all access neck joint, binding is a well playing, nice looking guitar. 240$ usd shipped!

The Wizard 2 is a whole lot difft then the regular Wizard, and for some a lot better becuase it is thicker!

Anyhow, Ill report on her again once she's modded up and cleaned up!

Comment

Working...
                            X