wolfgang or axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolfgang or axis

trying to decide between the two, the cost is about the same. i cant tell much of a difference i think the axis neck is a little fatter which i like but the archtop and bodyshape is a little nicer looking on the wolf. do you think the axis will hold its value better than the wolfgang .

Re: wolfgang or axis

Axis anyday. Watch as those Wolfies get as valuable as Vandenbergs, and any other PV they have made. PVs eventually crash and burn in value terms. As for other factors, the Axis is much nicer, at least I think they are............

Comment

They are both good. Get the one that feels better. The Axis will hold its value better than the Wolf but not by that much and that shouldn't be what you are basing your decision on.

Comment

i like the axis simply because i can't stand arch tops. i find them difficult to play. but i will say this...the neck on a wolfgang feels sooo good. i love the back shape the radius...all that crap that goes into a neck.

but value...what jg said. don't buy a guitar if the value is the main concern. buy it cause it feels good and you're going to play it!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Buy a used Wolfie USA special for $450 - $550 and see if you like it. If you don't, sell it for what you paid for it and then try the Axis. Warning: the Wolfgang neck is addicting.

Comment

I like both.
            They play differently and I love them.
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

AXIS

Comment

+1 on the Wolfgang neck. They are great! I've only spent short amounts of time with an Axis, so I can't give a fair review. It did feel very nice however. My main guitar is a Wolfgang USA special. I love the thing! Great pickups, Floyd, workmanship, etc... I just wish it didn't look so lame! LOL

Comment

I own one of each, and love them both. Both very cool.

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

While I've never tried a Wolfgang, I have played an Axis and really liked it. The position of the toggle switch kinda annoyed me a little, though, and I wish they would have kept it on the lower horn like they did the EVH models, or at least moved it up closer to pinky position or even up top like on the Wolf.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I tried a Wolfgang and liked it, but I bought an Axis....
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

i own both and i like both. the EBMM is a bit smaller in all dimensions but for quality i think it is the better guitar.

Comment

the holding value question is for a couple of reasons. number 1 they seem so close that if a axis will hold its value better than why not go with it and number 2 i have a tendency to get bored and change gear often

Comment

you guys that own both can you elaborate on some of the differences between them like the tone and feel or anything else you can think of

Comment

the wolfi is a grown up ebmm. let me say the ebmm is a 20 year old girl and the wolfi is a 30 year old woman. both are attractiv and both have (sorry for that) boobs and hot legs, if you know what i mean.
                              the wolfie has a bit more of everything. bigger body, a bit fatter neck, a bit more fretboard radius, a bit hotter pups and the Std. wolfi has the an archtop.

how i said before, quality-side i would go for an ebmm.
                              the wolfi special is more like the ebmm, the std. is a different guitar. i love them all and can´t tell you which is better or less.

Comment

Working...
                              X