Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wolfgang or axis

[ QUOTE ]
    the wolfi is a grown up ebmm. let me say the ebmm is a 20 year old girl and the wolfi is a 30 year old woman. both are attractiv and both have (sorry for that) boobs and hot legs, if you know what i mean.
    the wolfie has a bit more of everything. bigger body, a bit fatter neck, a bit more fretboard radius, a bit hotter pups and the Std.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolfi's got a fatter a$$ too.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I've had two EBMM EVH's, two Axi(?), and three Wolfies and I can't decide which is better. Each has its own strength and beauty. The Wolfgang seems easier to flip if you don't dig it, but the EVH/Axis holds its value a little better.

Both the Axis and Wolfgang are no lose guitars - great players with huge tone.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

as i love wofies, i'll add this...

"I like big butts and i can not lie...", and Bill will tell ya the same thing!

Comment

Look at the U.S. Made Wolfgang on E-bay.
          The price is going up since the return of Eddie and also Peavey discontinueing the models.
          I see used ones selling for maybe $200 more than what they used to sell 1 year ago.

Comment

Neither. I'd go with a Petrucci. The body contours are extremely comfortable, and the neck is wider so it isn't as cramped as the Axis. I do like the Axis though, but I just find this model a better fit for me.

Comment

I have 3 Wolfies - a Sunburst EXP (Korean), a purple USA Special, and a blue USA Standard TR. I was at GC on Wed. trying out effects and grabbed an Axis to play. It is a nice guitar but I prefer the Wolfgang. Pups and tremolo are about equal but I like the placement of the pup switch better on the Wolf and the neck......oh, a Wolfgang neck is just butter.
              P.S. - PM sent if you are interested in one of the Specials.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I like the Wolfgang better but the Axis is a great guitar. I agree with the neck being addictive on the Wolf.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  you guys that own both can you elaborate on some of the differences between them like the tone and feel or anything else you can think of

[/ QUOTE ]

My Peavey Wolfgang Page inc. comparison w/ my Axis

I like both, but I have five Axises, and only one wolf! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Jimi D you dig Music Man aexs huh?
                    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Jimi D you dig Music Man axes huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I lurve EBMM guitars, and my fave model is definitely the Axis... In fact, since my last post, I've bought another, so now I have six Music Man Axises and one Wolfgang Special (which I prefer to the Wolfgang Standard because it's more like the Axis)... For me, the tone, feel, playability and versatility of Music Man guitars can't be beat, and the Axis neck feels like it was made just for me!
                      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

AXIS all the way.. It's not even close..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Axis anyday. Watch as those Wolfies get as valuable as Vandenbergs, and any other PV they have made. PVs eventually crash and burn in value terms. As for other factors, the Axis is much nicer, at least I think they are............

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope they do crash in value . . .

. . . .because I cant afford an Axis! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X