Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a SHRED Ibanez! :)

Check it out, it's the guitar on the left, obviously:

Previous owner was kind enough to install a duncan custom in the bridge. Guitar plays really well, was cheap, and even has the cool Ibanez inlays and neck binding. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Bought a SHRED Ibanez!

Best looking ibenez I have seen quite awhile!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Okay let me be the first to request clips of you playing it!

Comment

I'll bet it plays as fast as it looks! Schweet Twisteramps [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Ha, that looks like what could be called an RG-765DY, though no such thing exists in US catalogs. Maybe an RG-565LTDDY... how's that for a model name? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Totally cool and unique.

Comment

Very cool. Love the pickup combo. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

How much was the price? That looks sweet, never seen one like that.

Comment

Ibanez has the best looking reverse headstock in my opinion. I don't know why I like it so much. It just looks good. Nice score, Pete.

Comment

That's a nice ibanez, very 80's wich i like a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd say definitely a RG565. I remember that being the only RG I liked better than the 550. Ibanez had some badass colors back in the day! Nice score-you don't see too many of those around. the 550, 560, and 760(?) were m much more popular.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'd say definitely a RG565. I remember that being the only RG I liked better than the 550. Ibanez had some badass colors back in the day! Nice score-you don't see too many of those around. the 550, 560, and 760(?) were m much more popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

The regular RG-565 was maple board w/ color-matched dots. This has to be some special variation, such as an LTD (like the 550LTD, but it didn't come along till 2 years after the 565 was discontinued), or going by series equivalents, a 765. The 700 Series was composed of upscale version of 500 Series guitars. The 550 became the 750, and its maple board changed to rosewood, the 560 became the 760, and the 570 became the 770 (rosewood changed to maple in the case of the 770DX). All gained sharktooth inlays, neck binding, and USA pickups. I can't find it in any catalogs, though, and the regular 565 is quite rare, so this one must be even more so.

Comment

Sweet score! I love the yellow! I believe that's the 540PII (not 100% sure), also known as the Alex Skolnick model.
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

540PII had only 22frets.

I have never seen one with that combination(Rosewood with that inlays and reverse on that body with single in the neck).
                            I know there was one(RG565) with Maple board with matching color dot inlays..

Comment

It's not a skolnick model - I had one of those.

It's not a 565, those were maple boards w/inlays that matched the body.

Looks like Eristic among others is right - a Jemsite guy is calling it a 765, since it has upscale features of the 700 series blended with the 500s (like a 750).

It looks to be crazy rare. I've seen 565s - one of the music stores in my area (Music City West for fellow Tulsans) had THREE 565s - two reds and one blue. Never did see one of these there.

Now I just gotta figure out what it's worth and decide if it's a keeper or not. If I was an Ibanez collector, it would be a no brainer. But I'm not.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X