Latest Parts Mutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Parts Mutt

Just finished stringing this up for the first time a little while ago. Surprisingly it plays pretty darn good already.
    <ul type="square">[*]Fender American Standard Strat body from the early 90's - swimming pool route[*]Warmoth Canarywood neck with ebony board and cream dots - I didn't put any sort of finish on the neck and Warmoth doesn't require one for Canary for warranty purposes - just sanded it down to 600 - feels amazing![*]Neck pickup is a Benedetto B-6 - I wasn't sure what to expect - they are touted as being very acoustic sounding and extremely articulate - so far I'd have to agree - it's fat as hell too - I was worried about it being a little flat sounding but it's plenty bright[*]bridge pickup is a Rio Grande P-90 - very clear tone, very full and punchy[*]Wilkinson 2-post trem[*]ebony knobs[*]Gotoh tuners[/list]

Sorry for the lame picture but my battery is dead and I can't find the charger so I used another camera in bad lighting. Also, I haven't cleaned it up or anything yet.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Latest Parts Mutt

Looks great!
    I had a Tele with 2 P90's and sounded great(especially the bridge pickup).
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That's cool how canary doesn't require finishing so you can get that absolutely raw feel. I'm thinking about choosing that for a neck wood from Warmoth.

Hope to see more pics soon, especially the canary neck. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think this canary is awesome so far. It feels great. Taking it down to 600 grit made a big difference.

There are several in the Warmoth Showcase - looks like they cleared through the last batch - I got mine for around $150. The ones they have up now are $208.

Also, I had Warmoth put the nut in and it's darn near perfect - well worth 15 bucks.

- Newc

Comment

Looks good!
          I'm gonna send you a pair of dykes so you can cut you friggen string ends, too!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If the Dykes are good looking, can I watch?
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I knew that wouldn't last long...

Comment

I've never heard that form of "dykes" before (Chuck's usage). I learn something new every day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

We do thangs a little different up here in the woods...!

Comment

don't feel bad, ol man maynard calls 'em dykes, too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well I didn't feel bad before...but now... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

You guys crack me up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

Spent some more time with this one tonight - it's kinda late so I couldn't crank it. I plugged it into a Dr. Z Maz Sr. via an EVH MXR Phase 90 and just started having fun. Man, I'm digging this guitar.

It is a truly bizarre combination of parts that I was highly skeptical about.

I haven't played it with a pick yet - just finger picking all night.

The trussrod needs tweaking but I'm not going to fool with that for 5-6 days to let it settle in.

The Wilkinson feels nice - no Vai impressions but it can certainly do some of your basic whammy moves without issue. I didn't put locking tuners on it and so far that's not a problem - we'll see.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X