Kramer Holoflash owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer Holoflash owners?

I dig these goofy looking old Kramers. Any one own one? Havent been able to actually try one just always facinated with that finish. Are they well made decent playing guitars? Seems like most have a sustainer system in them as well. Also What is a good price to pay for one? I just let a Holoflash Kramer Nightswan pass me by on Ebay cuz I was unsure of the price.

Re: Kramer Holoflash owners?

Holoflash was a 100.00 upgrade. They are comparable to other Kramer models like a Baretta in neck profile. Kramer necks have a much rounder/beefy Gibby like profile than say Charvel/Jackson bolt-ons. I have a Sustainer with the sharktooth inlays and 'Kramer' block inlay at the 12th.
    A nightswan Holo would be commanding pretty high buck IMO... likely to be 700 on up to a grand depending on condition and pup config. I dont shop Kramers, but I have not seen many nightswans with Holoflash.

Comment

btw, they also seem to be rather susceptible to flaking if not properly cared for in good environmental conditions..ie; humidity, conditioning of the finish etc.

Comment

Thanx for the info. Yeah I was wondering if they usually had one of those beefier necks. My sister has an old Pacer Deluxe with such a neck, abit bigger than I prefer. Do NightSwan have simular necks are are they alittle thinner?

Comment

To be honest, I never played one as I thought they were rather overpriced along with the Barettas. IMO, it would be similar to a mid 80's ('86+) Baretta with a pointy headstock. The heel is going to seem thicker due to the structure of the headstock but the profile itself is probably similar to other Kramer bolt-ons I have played from the Pacer series. I have a Pacer Carrera neck with the 2nd generation headstock, a Sustainer pointy from about '89 (probably MIJ), a USA Baretta pointy '86-'87 and a old Striker from the 80's. I have a Stagemaster still as well and have owned a couple of those.

I find the pointies have probably the most intrusive humb at the headstock. The banana/hockeysticks seem smoother like the old Pacers (or a strathead). I think the neck profile is derived from Kramer having originated the wood laminated aluminum neck and it just kinda transferred over to the all wood ones.
          Even the neck thrus have a similar neck profile, maybe a little slimmer-been a while since I played the Stagemaster. It just takes some getting used to. Once you're comfortable with a certain neck, everything else feels a little different much like women.

Comment

They are very cool guitars,the finish is pretty cool..extremely thin neck.

Comment

a side shot would be great too [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. I'd like to see the neck profile [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

nice. that is a hot guitar. It's got a thinner neck than usual Kramers? If so that just makes me want one more. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Mikernaut,I will try to take a pic of the neck tomorrow [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X