Agile and Essex Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile and Essex Guitars?

Has anyone noticed like I have that all of the buzz about these brands has basically vanished? I think I know why. They have alltered their body and headstock styles so much as to avoid being attacked by Gibson and the like. When they first started makinf cool copies, they looked alot like the big boys, but they have altered their guitars so much, they are fugly now. I won`t buy one with the new body styles and headstocks-ick!! I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by doing this. Notice thier is no V and Explorer that looks good anymore and the LP copies are ugly as hell now. It`s a shame really. Jack.

Re: Agile and Essex Guitars?

Yeah, I noticed this the other day. I was browsing on ebay and came across a billion listings from everyones fave sx dealer and I noticed the new headstocks on the agile LPs. Its funny because he hasnt altered all the pictures, he just added a new pic with the new design headstock. If you look at the others you can still see the old design headstock in some of them. This will probably drive up the price on used older models a bit. I think Turser is doing the same thing.

Comment

i bought one of the 3000 les paul models with the fancy abalone stuff on it, and it has the new body and headstock shape. i like the the horn shape better a little rounded, but i will admit that the headstock isn't as cool as the more "accurate" rip-off head shape, but it's not too bad in person. either way the Agile is still an incredible bang for the buck. i haven't even changed the pick ups yet!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

While they are good for the money, I find it funny that those who actually believed they were getting a guitar that was "as good as a Gibson" now wont touch the guitar because the headstock looks different..............

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          While they are good for the money, I find it funny that those who actually believed they were getting a guitar that was "as good as a Gibson" now wont touch the guitar because the headstock looks different..............

[/ QUOTE ]I find it hard to believe anyone thought that these were "as good as a Gibson". That would be laughable.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

yeah exactly. it's a LP copy not the real thing. it cost less than $400. for the money it smokes, but it isn't a gibson (nor do i want it to be, which is why i'm glad the horn is rounded and the headstock is different).

but the agile cured my LP GAS. i refuse to pay for a real gibson and i don't care if it says gibson on top or not. the agile looks close enough, weighs close enough, sounds close enough, plays close enough...

don't know about the other ones but the 3000 prestige is a truly kick ass guitar. it (mine anyway - i'm sure they vary) is easily on par construction-wise with my SLSMG. it feels more solid than an epiphone...

the truly funny part? some of my bone-headed friends that don't know any better think it's a custom guitar!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (yes they play, but they are older guys that aren't gear heads)
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

They (SX, and Agile) make damn good, playable copies, which are reasonable in value, and workmanship for the money...but yeah, like Scott said, Good as a Gibson?!....that IS funny!

Comment

Cool guys, I deffinately don`t expect a Gibson when I buy one, but at least have a decent headstock and keep the horn the way it was. Ah well, they must be afraid of the almighty Gibson. Jack.

Comment

just for the **** of it here's a few pics of my agile 3000 prestige.

the full frontal:

the backside mahogany shot:

a close up of the new headstock:

a shot of the top:
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

here's a couple more:

close up of the ebony fretboard and abalone inlays:

another shot of the top from another angle:

it really is a nice guitar for $359.
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

The new headstock looks decent! What's the upper fret access like compared to the real Les Paul body shape?

Comment

i think it's just as good if not better. i have no problem getting up there.
                        GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

the body looks like a guild bluesbird.

Comment

If you want the Gibson head and horn, get a Gibson. If you want a thick mahogany body, mahogany neck, maple cap, and an all-around solid guitar that doesn't say Gibson on the head, get an Agile. I've got the 2500GTH (Goldtop with Humbuckers) and aside from one stray fret (17th coming up), it rocks. It weighs as much as my LP Standard, it's the same wood as my LP Standard, and it's the same construction as my LP Standard. So the horn and head are different. Big deal. I'm not trying to look like a wannabe and make people think I have a Gibson Les Paul when I don't. When I want to let people know I have a Gibson Les Paul, I play my Gibson Les Paul.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

"it's the same wood as my LP Standard, and it's the same construction as my LP Standard."

Bullshit. It's a picture of a flame maple top glued onto a chunk of fiberboard. You really think that's the same grade of Mahagony as used in Gibsons? Nope. These "Abalone" inlays? Colorful paper over clear plastic.

For a $400 guitar, it's probably all right...if you really want a $400 guitar.

Newc, there's a little more to the differences between an Agile and a Gibson than the shape of the headstock and horn.

Comment

Working...
                              X