Tele score from a few weeks back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele score from a few weeks back

This is a '72 Custom Tele reissue from the Classic series.

GC was blowing this out. It is a seriously kickass Tele. The neck humbucker is just wonderful. The bridge pickup is a little bit on the ice picky side of things. Not sure if I'll swap the pickup or maybe just tweak the cap/pot to see if I can tame it.

This was $319 well spent.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Tele score from a few weeks back

Tim, definately try the "tweaking" angle before shelling out for another pickup. It's definately possible to warm it up with different capacitors. For $319.00, that's very cool!

Comment

Yes! Very 70's...very nice!
      I think I remember Pat Tarvers playing a Tele like this...blast out some "Heat In The Street" or "Life In London" and see how it hangs!

Comment

Speaking of Travers, I used to see him all the time because he toured up and down the east coast clubs for years. Man that guy could play. I caught him in Seattle a couple years ago and was halfway expecting him to suck - I hadn't seen him in 12+ years. That guy schooled every guitar player in the house that night. He played with as much emotion and abandon as I'd seen him do years and years ago. He did a great 3-4 song break on the solo acoustic guitar that was really cool - I'd never heard "Stevie" like that. He's still playing his double cut Les Paul w/Kahler. And he can still do the most amazing volume swell licks. Of course his tone was brilliant.

Anyway, please return to complimenting my budget Telecaster [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

I love Teles....

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I can't believe how I misspelled his name..DAMN this limited edit function!
            Anyhoo, back to Travers...he's a major influence on me. Probably my first "guitar hero".

Comment

Chuck, check out http://www.pattravers.com/dw/pics/index.htm for some cool video clips - kinda low quality but still cool.

- Newc

Comment

The funny thing is I always think of Travers playing his double cut LP. When I was buying this Tele I was thinking about Keef all the way.

- Newc

Comment

wow, g.a.s attack.

Comment

Working...
                  X