ibanez voyager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ibanez voyager

Thanks for the reply, I was almost that sucker, it looks that good. I agree with the $350.00 range even though there is one on ebay that is over $400.00 and a couple days left, there is better deals out and about, I will keep you posted.

Comment

Reb said, that Voyagers really wern't so good ex. those expensive ones with flamed Koa top.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well that RBM1 is at $530 already w/2+ days left!
        Did you see this:
        RBM2??

Comment

Yeah I seen both, that rbm2 is killin me but I know it's gonna go high. I'm goona keep my eye on the rbm1. If it hits really high I might still buy the one at the pawn shop. The one question I have is everybody says that the rbm1 and 2 should have emg's, but neither the one on ebay and the at the pawn shop have them.

Comment

That guy lives in the same town as me and is friends with my tech. I'll ask him to bring it by the shop for me to authenticate. I need to see the top in person to be able to verify whether it's a 2 or a 400 with aftermarket EMGs.

Comment

If you are talking about the rbm2, I'm pretty sure it is legit, look at the back of the neck it is'nt maple. I would how ever like to know the playability on one of these.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                If you are talking about the rbm2, I'm pretty sure it is legit, look at the back of the neck it is'nt maple. I would how ever like to know the playability on one of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 400 has a rw neck, too. The top on this one does not look figured enough to be koa (like the RBM 2). May just be the pics, though. I'll know for sure this afternoon.

Comment

that doesn't look like Korina to me from the pic, but who knows?

Comment

Koa isnt always figured. ive had more than afew Koa guitars, unfortantely i only have ONE now.

Comment

He brought it in for me to look at today. I'm almost sure it's an RBM2, maybe an employee model or prototype. The top isn't extremely figured, but it is clearly a different piece of wood than the body. It's about .5" thick, different color and type of figure. The extra screws look to be original, so maybe the guitar was an experiment with a 2-piece pickguard originally. The dots are clay, but some examples of the RBM2 I've seen appear to have clay instead of pearl, so I'm not sure how that factors into the equation this time.

The owner says there is a stamp either in the neck pocket or body cavity (I'm not clear on which) made up of something like a red circle with an "x" in it. Inspector's mark? None of the typical configuration or model stamps.

Guitar is in decent shape, a few dings and scratches. The neck is solid. She plays and sounds stellar. A really impressive piece. If I weren't broke, I would've offered him some decent money for it.

Comment

Just got some pics of the neck heel and pocket from the guy. The stamps are faded, but they clearly say RBM-2.

Comment

Look at the horns a little closer, if they are bigger than normal then you have a prototype that was more than likely once owned by Reb.

Comment

Working...
                          X