What's a good CHEAP acoustic????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good CHEAP acoustic????

I'm thinking about getting another acoustic. I haven't had one in years... my last one ended up smashed on my sidewalk after a fight I had with my dad back when I was 17. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I've found some on eBay for like $30 after shipping which sounds pretty cheap, so, should I bother with these? Keep in mind I'm not real concerned with getting something nice...

Re: What\'s a good CHEAP acoustic????

Dude, where were you a month ago when I was selling my acoustic guitars cheaply? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you're only going to mess around on the acoustic occasionally, the $30 ones don't sound to shabby, and you don't have to worry about it getting dinged or messed up or anything. However, if you do want to get something a little better, I would highly recommend the Taylor Big Baby. It's 15/16ths the size of a regular dreadnought, SOLID spruce top which is the most important factor in acoustic guitar tone anyways, and laminated back/sides (much less important factor) which will take your abuse and adverse conditions. Made in America, huge bang for the buck if you're looking for a lower-midrange to midrange acoustic.

http://taylorguitars.com/guitars/model.aspx?model=307

Comment

those thirty dollar ebay deals are more like toys. If you want something decent, check out the lower end Epi's or washburns at your local store. They range between 100 and 200 bucks or so and will be quite a bit more durable than one of the "cheapies".

Comment

Takamine Jasmines. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a Yamaha F335 and it is very nice for the money (under $200). In fact, GC has them on sale this month for $150!
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Thanks guys... and gal... I'll check them out.
            NOTP... That's a nice guitar but WAY more than I'm looking for. I really wanted to be under 100 for one. I'm really just wanting to fuk around with one a little. I don't need anything nice, I just thought $30 seemed to good to be true but I guess for $30 who cares right? I mean hell that's mostly shipping, I'll probably go that route.... we'll see... Thanks again!

Comment

If you do buy one of those $30 ones, I'd be interested to hear how it turns out. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You would be surprised what you can get for $100. Try your local music store and see what they got. I have tried a few off brands and even have an old Olympic that I don't think they make anymore that sounds amazing.

Matt

Comment

try the applause ones by ovation too, they look pretty nice for the dough.

Comment

SEAGULL great for the $

Comment

I put a $.99 bid on one of the cheapo's if for some reason I don't win then I think I'll get one of the Takamine Jasmines, they look like a good guitar for the money...

Comment

I started out on a Yamaha F310 Western, and I was very pleased with it. Check one out, they sound good, feel good and play good. By no means a professional instrument, but probably just what you are looking for.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I put a $.99 bid on one of the cheapo's if for some reason I don't win then I think I'll get one of the Takamine Jasmines, they look like a good guitar for the money...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if you don't get that one you bid for, you can't go wrong with a Jasmine. This is the guitar I started out on, and it's still my baby. I LOVE this guitar (though I had to adjust the action just a tad). Sounds good too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          I take it everywhere.
                          Goodluck!

Em

Comment

Dean makes a decent inexpensive guitar, too. Gotta second the Seagull though.

Comment

You can get a Charvel 625C on Ebay for average $125 - $175 and that's a pretty dang nice acoustic electric with cutaway. You see them a couple times a month, maybe more. For an electric guitarist dabbling on acoustic, they have a nice action, 24 frets, abalone inlays
                              and a half-decent active preamp. They were discontinued years ago and the Charvel name has never meant acoustic guitars, but they are really cool for the money they go for. I've seen them occasionally go for under $100 too.

I also have a Rogue acoustic electric that's a cheapo copy of that Charvel 625C, and they go for VERY little money, $50-$60. Not near as nice as the Charvel, but they do play great and would be a lot nicer than one of those $30 specials which I bet you will never keep in tune. The model is AE-100 I think, and Musician's Friend had 'em made after they stopped carrying the Charvel acoustics. I'm sure you could get one for under $100 shipped and they are fine for just screwing around.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X