ESP japan Buys Schecter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP japan Buys Schecter?

I just read on the ESP site under press releases that ESP Guitar company of Japan has bought Schecter Guitar reaserch? Is this old news ? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: ESP japan Buys Schecter?

Well, check out the second to the last FAQ question on the Schecter web site:

Schecter FAQ

Either it's a rumor, or the Schecter site is not up to date.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

http://p222.ezboard.com/fespguitarsm...opicID=1.topic

"In response to the numerous inquiries and speculation on our forum regarding the relationship between ESP and Schecter Guitar Research, we feel it has become necessary to clarify the matter. Schecter Guitar Research is a wholly owned subsidiary of the ESP Company Limited of Japan, and was acquired in the early 1990' s. However, the two guitar companies operate as totally separate entities, in separate locations, with different management & personnel. Issues such as product design, quality control, customer service, marketing and pricing are decided independently. "
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

lol, sorry, that was probably the post you were referring to in the first place
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Wholly owned equals control. To say they operate on their own sounds like total BS...........Being in a different building, and having different personel doesnt equate to corporate freedom. Otherwise the CEOs of Cadillac, Chevrolet, Opel, etc could declare themself free of influance from GM. That would be the shortest CEO carreer ever............

Comment

I seem to recall seeing some Schecter guitar models that had the same shapes / bodies as certain ESPs. I'd gather some of them are made in the same factories?

Comment

Yea that is a decade old news at least.
              I used to hang around at ESP shop where people from ESP building Schecter guitars and sharing the same factory.
              That was early 90's.

Comment

who cares? the Schecter guitars are killer...

Comment

Yup, schecters are pretty class guitars

Comment

Working...
                  X