Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a neckthru BC Rich Gunslinger. Any info??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a neckthru BC Rich Gunslinger. Any info??

Just scored a NECKTHROUGH USA Gunslinger.

A little different then the bolt necks but cool none-the-less. THis one has a rosewood board, single slanted hum,recessed Floyd and reverse HS. As a matter-of-fact, aside from the rosey board, it looks exactly like my bolt-on.

Any one have any info at all on the neckthroughs? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Re: Just got a neckthru BC Rich Gunslinger. Any info??

No, but cool sounding score! Pictures ?

Comment

I don´t think I´ve ever seen a neckthru Gunslinger. Customshop?

Comment

What's the serial number?
        Any pics?

Comment

The serial # is 909XX.

This is my guitar in a nutshell:
          Gunslinger like mine

However, My guitar has a rosey board and a tone knob.
          I have mine completely dissambled as i'm goiing over it with a fine tooth comb. WHen it's done, You'll see it on Ebay.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Just got a neckthru BC Rich Gunslinger. Any in

Sounds sweet dude. I love B.C. Rich. Suprised about the rosewood board though. Pics would be awesome.

Comment

It appears to be a 1990-ish model. It might be a Class Axe guitar since I *think* BCR didn't revert back to Bernie Rico until 1993 or so but I could be wrong.

Comment

Chuck BCR serial# records stop at 90440 thats june 1987. so theres a year & 1/2 of PRE Class Axe guitars that arent logged. Ive got a neckthru ST-3 9074x. its may have been a cali made blank finished at Class Axe or Romans. granted ive never seen a 91xxx serial'd BCR. if you can give me some pics & more info may i can help. the specs on that are probably, BCR lic trem, non logod GOTOH, a dimarzio. The headstock should still have a cap under the finish. you should be able to see the seams from the neck & body wings, the back covers should NOT be recessed. if you can post some pics i can get ya more info.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I don´t think I´ve ever seen a neckthru Gunslinger. Customshop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I thought a Gunslinger was basicly an ASM (Assassin) in a bolt on form. Imports don't count.

Matt

Comment

Sounds suspiciously like something like Leprechaun Ed might do... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.Just by judging from the recessed FLoyd Route, I'd say it is for sure later then 1987. I don't recall seeing a recess on any brand until the '89 model year, but I'm not positive.

Also, THis guitar was originally painted black. I recall that queef from Warrant had a black neckthru Slinger with a fake body glove add on it.(somethng to do with condoms)

"specs on that are probably, BCR lic trem, non logod GOTOH, a dimarzio. The headstock should still have a cap under the finish. you should be able to see the seams from the neck & body wings, the back covers should NOT be recessed" - These are all features of my axe. The logo is weird too. It looks kinda like lightning colors on the outside edge of the logo. My bolt-on 'Slinger has a dull off-white logo.

Comment

Chuck PICS....& you said its the same shape as your bolt on Gunslinger if its real its a rarity. theres one problem with these guitars from that era it could be alot of things. class axe, ed roman, an employee project or a real pre class axe. when BCR was bought out by CA thier were alot of the left over blanks. & im not talking about leprechan's stuff either, legit factory blanks that never made it to NJ. Some of them are still owned by an old BCR employee (still unfinished), who now has his own shop. Those ones on Eds site are made by his shop, NOT left overs.

Comment

Working...
                        X