Got a new acoustic! pic inside :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new acoustic! pic inside :)

It's a Simon and Patrick. Made in Canada, same guys who do Seagull and Godin guitars. Solid Cedar top, Cherrywood lam back and sides.

Sounds GREAT... I've been hunting a 12 to plink around on for awhile, and it sounded better than every other 12 I've encountered in the last few weeks. This includes Alvarez, Takamine, Ovation, Fender, and a few others that were weird brands. The only 12 I didn't put it up against that I could have was a Taylor that was nearly $2k. Sorry, not going to spend that type of $ on a 12, but this thing sounds great.

Also holds a great low action, stays in tune awell, and IMHO is a friggin' bargain. They also make Seagull guitars, and if you can get over the weird headstock, they are great values too. A local music store had a Seagull 12 for $439 new w/case, and it KILLED a Takamine that sold for twice as much. However, I found the S&P at a pawn shop for less, so I grabbed it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you're looking for an acoustic, check out the Seagulls or S&Ps. I'm going to probably get rocks hucked at me for this, but I owned a Taylor and worked for a Taylor dealer for years - got to play everthing from Babys to Presentation models. These guitars aren't as ornate, but sound wonderful and have solid wood tops that aren't choked to death with 50 coats of lacquer. You can get 90% of the sound of the taylor, same playability, and 1/2 or less of the price with one of these. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: Got a new acoustic! pic inside

Simon and Patricks are great, great score!

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Ornate = overrated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

$190 after tax. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

What a deal! Nice score. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I like solid cedar tops too.

I agree with you on the Seagulls- LOVE them. Wish the headstock was different, but I still love them.

Plink away! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

My bandmate has owned one for years. It sounds fantastic. He bought it while on a hunting trip in Canada. A great deal for a handmade guitar.

Comment

I agree with Seagulls, incredible bang for the buck. I'm thinking of buying one as a "beater" for my Taylor. I haven't had any experience with S&P but supposedly they're a great value too. You Americans seem to like our Canadian acoustics. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I was very impressed with a few Garrisons I played recently. I believe these are also Canadian and use an all plastic bracing system. To me they sounded better than my Martin at 1/2 - 1/3 the price!

Comment

Garrison's G series uses an all glass-fiber bracing system that interates even the body's binding. The AG series uses a glass-fiber top with the rest of the bracing being wood, I believe. The few Garrisons I've tried had unreal projection to them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X