carvin opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: carvin opinions

Nice score there! Incongruous or not, I actually like it on that particular guitar. It looks very clean and I imagine it'll be a perfect utilitarian guitar. Excellent price too! I saw a DC135 with the 3x3 vee headstock and a Kahler recenty, and I think yours looks
    much better than that one did. Something seemed wrong about that one and something seems right about this one you scored. Enjoy your new guitar!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re: carvin opinions

[ QUOTE ]
      Nice score there! Incongruous or not, I actually like it on that particular guitar. It looks very clean and I imagine it'll be a perfect utilitarian guitar. Excellent price too! I saw a DC135 with the 3x3 vee headstock and a Kahler recenty, and I think yours looks
      much better than that one did. Something seemed wrong about that one and something seems right about this one you scored. Enjoy your new guitar!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! That's what I thought, as well. I like its barebones quality, though I sort of wish that it was a DC127 with a neck humbucker. I might end up putting a Duncan Lil '59 or Cool Rails in the neck. I'm thinking a DiMarzio Air Zone for the bridge, if I don't like the way the stock M22SD sounds. The M22SD actually sounded pretty good in my '89 DC145, so I suspect it should be similar in this guitar. The Air Zone would be a little less hot and with a bit of the edge taken off the highs--that might be nice for a rhythm guitar. A Duncan option would be an SH-11 Custom Custom, I suppose, but I've been moving more toward DiMarzio, lately.

Comment

Working...
      X