Ibanez Artcore Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Artcore Series

Hey, looking around for an x-mas buy, and I came across an ibanez as83. It was really nice and it sounded good, and it basically got me into a conflict on whether to buy an acoustic or a semi hollow body. How do they artcores compare to other semi hollow bodies in their class? Can they be as loud unplugged as a acoustic in their price range?

Re: Ibanez Artcore Series

The semi hollows only tend to be loud enough for living room playing, and not loud enough to be heard over singing. I was noodling around with one of the 335 type ones and it seemed nice for having been built in China. I never plugged it in, so I can't comment on the tone. My only complaint was the lack of color option. I also played an Epi Dot at GC a few months back and it sounded great through my old Gibson tube amp. I really want one and they run around 400 bucks. They also make the new "Studio" ones which are kind of strange looking, but interesting if you like things a little different. I would say playability wise, the Ibanez and the Epi were very comparable, but the Epi seemed like a "nicer" guitar overall.

Comment

Re: Ibanez Artcore Series

The Ibanez are cool because they offer a little bit more variation in the styles...they have some that are like Gretsch guitars, some that are like the Gibsons/Epis, some that are big jazz boxes. On a side note, we got an Epiphone Joe Pass guitar yesterday that I'm dying to try out.

Comment

Working...
      X