New Warlock with FR Speedloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Warlock with FR Speedloader

Got a good deal (I think) on a new Warlock off of evilBay. So far, I don't see why the trem gets so much bad press. (Other than the strings are expensive) I downloaded the instructions and took the strings off and put 'em back on... pretty easy. It arrived in tune/intonated and the action is just to my liking. Fit and finish is top notch, no bum frets or discrepancies otherwise. (these are Made In Korea BTW) The quilt top is so-so but no big deal. The dealer shipped it in a BCR gig bag that wasn't mentioned in the auction, so that was a nice bonus. I picked up a set of 11-52s to see how the trem handles some lower tuning. (Strings are $8.99 via MF)
    Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: New Warlock with FR Speedloader

Nice. I wonder if these trems will ever take off like the original.

Comment

Looks nice.......but that's just too weird having no tuning pegs on the headstock.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Well yeah, I guess so! It's beautiful, I really have to do something in that blue! </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I keep thinking about one of these.

I think they're great myself. I've always liked the Warlock and Mockingbird shapes too.

Congrats O' Master of Swill!
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That color is awesome, but I can't get used to no tuning pegs..I know..it's kinda dumb, but it bugs me. Other than that..that is one killer looking axe. Congrats.

Comment

That is a very nice looking guitar. I personally think that the trem is crap (but I like Kahlers so what do I know!). My cousin just returned a "Beast" in red just like that because he could not adjust to the trem (he is a Floyd man going back more than a few years).

It is very attrative though. Good luck with it.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I've heard that B.C. Rich has apparently really beefed up the quality of the NJ Series recently... how correct is that? Looks like a pretty nice guitar. How much did you end up paying for it?

Comment

$295 with shipping.
                  Mahogany body/maple neck/ebony board.
                  My thought is that some have trouble adjusting the trem, it is way different than the OFR.

Comment

The BCR NJ's supposedly have always been pretty decent. It's those bronze and platinums you have to watch out for.

Comment

What is different about that trem? It looks in the pics fairly similar to an OFR.

Comment

The headstock looks bizarre without tuners, but I'll bet it balances better.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Other than the string loading being different, tuning is set by a set screw in the "nose" of each saddle. There is also a trem stop screw in the trem cavity effectively blocking the trem from pulling up. Intonation is still the same.
                          If time permits, I'll be changing strings today and trying some drop tuning.

Comment

Looks great. I like the idea of the Speedloader, along with most other advances (e.g., Buzz Feiten tuning, Stephens Extended Cutaway, Ibanez' piezo-equipped locking trems, etc.). Hope it is successful. I think that "Widow" headstock looks good without tuners, too. Still getting used to a Jackson headstock without 'em.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Hey Brian, I just noticed something. You didn't take this pic in your usual "picture location". I always thought your guitars looked so nice against that background- [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X