Old Old Silvertone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Old Silvertone

Tonight was one of those bitter sweet nights. Sitting over at the in-laws house they out of the blue asked me if had seen my father-in-laws old guitar. I never even knew he played at one time. He says yeah I got in the 50s. I immediately think BANK an original 50s fender strat.
    HAHA on me no such luck. However it was still cool. we go into their storage room and he pulls out this box which looks new on in red letters MUSICAL INSTRUMENT. In it was a new looking card board guitar case. I open it up it was a Silvertone. It's a hollow body acoustic with f holes. Inside was FL-59 KK made in the USA. Under the guitar was the owners care pamphlet calling it a Silvertone Spanish guitar. The original Sear Roebuck receipt was also in there but it was completely faded. He wanted to know what it was worth I told him I had no idea but Silvertones aren't exactly gold mines. But the fact he had everything there who knows. Anyone here have any ideas?

Re: Old Old Silvertone

So it was a 50s archtop with F-holes and no cutaway or electronics? If it's undamaged, probably $150-250. I've seen them sell for as much as $500 in super-clean condition.

Cool guitars. Fun players.

Comment

Working...
    X