New Dean Dimebag Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dean Dimebag Info

Don't know if you guys already saw this, but Dean Zelinsky has recently posted some info about the new Dimebag deal on the Dean forum. Here's a few "soundbites", along with a couple interesting pics.

After somebody posted that he heard Washburn dropped Dime, Dean wrote:

That is simply not the case. It was nothing more than, his contract was up, he was not particularly happy and he contacted me thru a mutual friend. I can honestly tell you, it was all about the guitars with Darrell - not the money. I showed him some new USA made Dean Guitars and that is really what sealed the deal. He told me he plugged them in and had experienced a FAMILIAR feel and sound that he had been missing for over a decade. He used the term "effortless playability."

We talked extensively about the opportunities at Dean both in new killer guitars for the stage and the potential to offer these same fine guitars to Dime fans. Then I personally built him a new guitar that he designed. It is an incredibly HOT new design and he will be playing it in a couple weeks. The guitar will be introduced at NAMM in January in conjunction with a host of others.

We are about to offer 100 limited edition - Made in USA "Dean From Hell" guitars which is the lightning bolt guitar on the cover of The Cowboys From Hell album. Each guitar will be signed by Dime, with a cert. and a reproduction of the album cover. We will be doing for the first time... a custom serial number stamp based on a consecutive continuation of the serial number on his guitar.

We will have Dimebag and Michael Schenker at our booth at NAMM in January. We are proud to be able to feature guitar gods from two different eras and feel it will make a huge impact at NAMM. You gotta know, at NAMM shows people form long lines for artists like Bootsie Collins.

Regards,
    Dean Z

p.s. Below is a photo of me routing a pattern for the new Dime guitar in my personal shop. This is the type of router we used to use in the "olden" days. While we don't use them in production anymore, they are great for doing prototype work.

Another person asked if the Dime guitars would just be regular MLs with custom paintjobs. Dean's response:

There will be nothing tame about the new line and nothing like just an ML with a signature. New designs and a lot of new paint jobs. Almost no guitars without a custom graphic. We are going back to a process I developed years ago to do custom airbrush on imports. Now with computer graphics, we will be able to take this process to a whole new level.

If you notice a lot of the imports today look like newsprint that has been lacquered over. We will be able to offer a graphic that looks as good as any USA paintjob.
    Dean Z

Then Dean posted a little teaser pic of the newly designed model's headstock...

A little much for me, personally, (I know, that sounds kinda funny coming from the guy with a Pinkburst Dean V) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but there's no denying that this is some very cool news for Dean guitars and all of us who dig 'em.

Re: New Dean Dimebag Info

Could be cool. I was never a fan of thier necks.
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

The ones made of plywood sound the best too. lol Should be a great proto.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

If you're referring to the photo, he's making a pattern, not an actual body.

Comment

I can't wait for the new models.

Comment

It was a joke.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Dime was dropped like a sack of dirt................

Comment

Well, if Washburn dropped him, it was a dumb move on their part. Other than a few dedicated Nuno followers, I don't anyone *except* Dimebag fans who even give Washburn a second look. Their USA production models (that I've seen) don't hold a candle to anything the other American manufacturers make, and the imports are abysmal. The only good Washburns I've played in recent times are their Bantam basses.

I'm not a big Dime fan myself, but he should good for Dean.
                sigpic

Comment

From the looks of the template, the guitar will be shaped like the headstock at the top horns, and simlar symmetrical bottom points. Looks like it might be kinda... um ....STUPID LOOKING!!!!
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Well, if Washburn dropped him, it was a dumb move on their part. Other than a few dedicated Nuno followers, I don't anyone *except* Dimebag fans who even give Washburn a second look. Their USA production models (that I've seen) don't hold a candle to anything the other American manufacturers make, and the imports are abysmal. The only good Washburns I've played in recent times are their Bantam basses.

I'm not a big Dime fan myself, but he should good for Dean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good thing you dont work in the industry then, because Dime was dropped due to the fact that no one was buying Dimes. Any guitar he endorsed was a selling disaster. They remodelled guitar models for him time and time again, and nothing would sell. As for their stuff being bad, I'm not sure what guitars you were looking at, because I have never seen a bad US made Washburn..........

Comment

I'm really lookin forward to seeing what it'll be like! Dime is one of my favourite guitar players!

Anders
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Cool. I've always liked Dean... just really can't stand their huge headstocks.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

so another 100 limited edtion are on the way... I am broke....
                          [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X