New GMP Arrives! Life is Good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New GMP Arrives! Life is Good!

Okay, so here's the deal: There is no way to sum up how cool this guitar is. It sounds and plays amazing.

In fact, when me and the band went into the studio on Saturday, this is what came with me. The Shelby Firebird was a little jealous, but it got over it.

The dude who sold it to me told me an interesting story: He bought this at the Guitar Center in Hollywood, where he was told that it was built for Gilby Clarke. Well, when you hear a story like this, you gotta check it out, right?

So I called the factory today and asked the dude who answered the phone. He tells me he's not the guy who can get that info, but then asks what the finish was. I tell him Hot Rod Flames. He says, "Oh, yeah. That was a one off. Can't remember who it was built for, though."

How freaking cool is it that a guy in the shop remembered that? Anyway, I leave my info and get a call back from somebody named Glen. He tells me he did some checking and the guitar was made for some LA studio guitarist name Mike Beringer (sp?). Apparently, Mike was doing something with Gilby, tried some of Gilby's GMPs, and then had this Custom and a Roxie made for him.

Anyhow, that's the scoop. A way cool guitar, with a way cool backstory attached.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but GMPs rule.

Comment

Re: New GMP Arrives! Life is Good!

I almost pulled the trigger and bought that from David when he put it up - bad timing since this is the season for giving (or so the Wife tells me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) . Glad someone who appreciates it got it.

Comment

Working...
      X