need help on ordering Warmoth neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on ordering Warmoth neck

Those of you that have had an oppurtunity to have both a GMW S-head or SD Charvel neck and a Warmoth neck, can you please tell me what to order as far as back shape or anything else so I can get a similar feel?

Re: need help on ordering Warmoth neck

Standard thin is pretty close, as is the wolfgang. I really like the standard thin. Mine on my scalloped warmoth neck is really great feeling. A little thicker than the GMW but nice.

Comment

I went with the Wolfgang contour on my burned flipped over lefty Strat/Tele.
      Its pretty close to my GMW Jake & the thicker of my Charvel stratheads.....but the asymmetrical back shape really makes it comfortable to play.

Comment

Hey L, I have a GMW, a guitar with a Jackson Strat head neck and a 2001 warmoth parts guitar (as well as a few SD pointies). If the GMW S-head or SD Charvel is your goal, than I would not get all warm and fuzzy about warmoth. My warmoth parts guitar is a great guitar, but I attribute that more than to the builder than anything else (I had warmoth ship the parts without any holes/frets etc.). There is just something missing from the warmoth and it is one part conture and one part thickness. Great guitar too, but i just sits in its case campared to the others.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

You're headed in the right path with Warmoth. Their parts are first class. I'd say the "Standard Thin" is pretty close. If you want an oiled neck, order it as is and finish it yourself using a urethane-oil finish you basically rub on and wipe off. (Although Warmoth doesn't warranty oiled necks), but I've never had one warp. Woodcraft makes a good oil finish. For a "hard" finish Warmoth's clear satin is nice.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The Standard Thin is close to a pointy profile. Not even close to a strathead.
            I think the only answer will be to send USAG your favorite strathead neck for them to copy the profile.

Comment

...what the chuck! Whoops, I guess I have a couple of unusual Stratheads with a thinner profile! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

OK, not even close the stratheads I've owned. Seriously!

Comment

I am most interested in copying a GMW neck I have if that helps narrow down what I want...I don't know the variance in GMW necks though. Someone please contact me if I can still get the appropriate headstock from the appropriate source.

Comment

As far as GMW is concerned, my favorate neck has to be the Jake! USA Custom Guitars is a good bet. Their strathead is pretty much the same. Just sand the little nub off and it's a strat again. What about the really cool new Wayne headstock? It wouldn't matter how good it played, you wouldn't want to be seen with it.

Comment

The Warmoth standard is very comfortable but it seems rounder than the GMW Charvel copy I used to have. Oh why did I sell that?

Comment

Working...
                      X