No announcement yet.

Any chance of a "workaround" on a GMW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of a "workaround" on a GMW?

I've been thinking for a long time of a Warren/Ratt blood drip-&-skull guitar, but there have been too many GMPs distracting me as of late. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Now, with the whole Fender thing and GMW not being able to do "Stratheads" anymore, is there any way to get around it? Like maybe order "just a body" and later order "Just a neck with a Strat-style headstock...wink wink". I'm not hip at all on the new GMW headstock, although I understand the reasoning behind it. As screwy as it sounds, I'd rather not have one at all then to have it with a headstock that I don't like. Any thoughts?

Re: Any chance of a \"workaround\" on a GMW?

How do you know what the new GMW headstock looks like ? Is that public knowledge yet? Do you have a photo ?

Comment

Buy a painted body from GMW and a neck from Warmoth.
      If not, wait one to show up for sale on E-bay.

Comment

Lee won't do anything with 'that' headstock any more, including 'just a neck': I guess you could always get a warmouth neck sent to GMW for them to build a guitar around if you're not happy doing it yourself......I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I like the 2 new GMW headstock designs!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

FYI: Lee may not be doing builds anymore either, especially with a "replacement" neck with that certain headstock. He is spooked and does not what the hastle. If you have a legit guitar and want a new body or a refin, that is one thing, but do not expect him to be doing new builds of "grey" area guitars.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I did what you're talking about... I wanted a Star with a certain type headstock. GMW did the body and paint, Warmoth did the neck.

Comment

Did you Warmoth custom build that neck to Charvel San Dimas specs or is that one of their standard necks?

Also, isn't Warmoths strat headstock shape slightly different than the Charvel/GMW strat headstock shape?

Nice star guitar btw!

Comment

Working...
              X