Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all this talk about Les Pauls................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all this talk about Les Pauls................

..........I decided to get one. I'm pretty damn impressed with this thing. It's solid mahogany, set-neck, real quilt maple top, full body/neck/headstock binding, abalone around the body, neck and headstock. Even the Kramer logo and inlays are abalone. The neck feels thin and more Jackson-like than anything, completely different from any of the other Kramers.

Re: With all this talk about Les Pauls............

DUDE!!!! I love it. It looks very similar to the ESP LTD EC-1000 Eclipse Deluxe that I fell in love with and want to get the ESP Standard version of.

What year was that Kramer? I think I remember some sort of association between Kramer and ESP, and maybe that Kramer was perhaps a precursor to the ESP Eclipse that I so badly want. Anyone know more about it?

Comment

Yep, pretty darn similar. I'll bet the Kramers are cheaper though. The Kramers come with Gibson USA pickups. I'll be dropping a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

How much did you pay for the Kramer? PM me if needed, whether you got it from Ebay or found it locally. I could be very happy with one if it were significantly cheaper than the ESP Eclipse, which I know the retail price of one brand new.

By the way, what's the model name of that Kramer? I've never ever seen one before. I presume it's short scale.

Comment

My idea of a Les Paul:

"I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

whoa, f- hell! i'm assuming that kahler is after market?
            nice score greg!

Comment

Oops, maybe I should have posted an actual RED LTD Eclipse... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

MusicYo.com/Kramer got these Les Pauls almost 2 years ago and quickly sold out of this model(Custom). They rarely show up on eBay and when I found this one on eBay, I had to have it. The previous owner had stuck a Jackson pickup in the bridge(gave me the original Gibson too) and put locking Sperzel tuners on it. I got it for $275 plus shipping thinking we may never see these things available again.

Well guess what???.......... MusicYo.com just got another shipment of these guitars in this week! They are $449 brand new and if you want a red one, I'd order very quickly. They come in 2 varieties, the Standard(plain) and the Custom(fancy).

Comment

Dang, nice price! Did it come with a case?

I just checked MusicYo's site. It doesn't say whether it's a compound radius board or not. And it doesn't even include a gig bag although there's a suggested one. The trans black Custom looks intriguing.

Comment

Holy moley! $57.50 for shipping to Canada! And I haven't even added a case or gig-bag to my cart yet! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

EDIT: Aaaaaannnnd I'm blind. It says there there, radius is 16". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey RR05xx, are you a big Steve Clark (Def Leppard) fan?

That guitar could pass for the "Steve Clark Tribute Guitar" If you canged the color of the Kahler to gold..

Comment

Ultimate Les Paul is a Gibson LP Custom Black with black hardware.
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The Kramer LP and the LTD Eclipse look very similar, but notice that the Eclipse has 24 frets, while the Kramer has 22 and is a bit more "LP-like" as a result.

Comment

yeah, but i'll always remember steve with his White custom with the chrome kahler...and his tobacco XR-1.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              whoa, f- hell! i'm assuming that kahler is after market?
                              nice score greg!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's after market. Maybe not. Gibson did a lot of guitars with Kahlers in the 80's.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X