Baretta sneak preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baretta sneak preview

Here's a sneak preview of the Yo Baretta I bought from Greg: I'll be painting today and hopefully when I'm done I won't be too embarrassed to post pics of the final product.

Re: Baretta sneak preview

I bet it will look great and I love 1 Hum guitars, so I know it will look great!! Jack.

Comment

Holy crap !!!!!!! I had no idea you were going to make a project out of that one, the paint was practically mint. Can't wait to see what you do with it. That guitar had an awesome neck/fretwork, played great.

Comment

Actually, I put an EMG 81/85 set in it, recorded a cd with it, then my cat began using it as a scratching post. I was going to do it to one of my Yo Barettas, so I figure I'd start with the one with claw marks on it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I figure if this one turns out relatively decently, eventually the other 2 will get the same treatment. It's going to be royal blue with a Duncan Distortion.

Comment

Have you guys heard when or if Yo/Kramer will be making more Barettas?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes, they have them in stock now: http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=002

Best bang for the buck our there, IMO. Replace the pickups and pots and you'll have a guitar as good as anything out there.

Or you could turn it into a project [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That is odd; I had just recently checked the Baretta area and they still only had the Sustainer. They must have just updated that recently. Hmmm, well, remember when they had like 10 different Baretta models? String thru, different headstock and pup configs.... I really want the 404 that has hum/hum and a regular (non reverse) headstock. Offramp, do you think they'll bring back other Baretta models?

I emailed Yo over the summer and Doc replied tersely, saying the 404s were being discontinued. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow I love that Kramer!
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                X