Kramer Strathead Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer Strathead Pics

I bought this guitar a few months back from chaveljunkie. From my information gathering, Kramer Stratheads are very rare, but even rarer non-floyded...

I really like this guitar. It has a fantastic feeling neck, and lots of mojo. It's a keeper. I'd love a charvel starthead, but this is good enough for me...esspecially the price I bought it for.

P.S- sorry for the bright pics, it was really bright out yesterday.

John

Re: Kramer Strathead Pics

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen on of those without a floyd on it. Nice grab!
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I don't think any Stratheads had Floyd originally. They were too old for that! Nice score and would be even cooler with a Rockinger on it(value wise)! Yes Stratheads are few and far between. Again, great axe! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, don't see too many of those.

Comment

Cool. Nut width? How does she play?
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Thanks for the comments! ManyAxes, I have a picture of EVH with his purple strathead Pacer, and it's floyded, but that's eddie, so anything is possible (i.e aftermarket modding ect).
            1 5/8th at the nut. The guitar plays excellently, the neck is really comfortible. The finsh on the back of the neck is nice and worn-in. I like it a lot.

Comment

Nice axe! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

If you see a Strathead Kramer with anything but a vintage style trem, or Rockinger then it's been modded... Strathead Kramers were too early in the run to get the Floyds on them... If you want more info on your guitar, go here...

Kramer Guitar Forum...

Sort of a spinoff forum of the JCF, started by a member of this forum and has a ton of information if your looking to learn about your Kramer... I'd be curious to see the back of that guitar though.. does the control cavity route have a more "squarish" form with rounded edges to it sort of like a Les Paul but longer, or is it long, skinny and kind of like a rectangle with one end skinnier than the other...

Nice guitar, BTW.... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info! ManyAxes, I stand corrected!

Ok, there's a really quick picture of the back.

Thanks for the info and link! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, that's the right route.. Kramer quit using that route in 83.. So, that is correct for the time period of the Strathead neck.. Nice guitar, looks like the bridge hum has been changed from the original Schaller, but I was never a fan of the Schallers that much anyway.. I think they are kind of like the Carvin pickups.. you either love them or hate them. Not really knocking them, per se... but they just don't have enough "bite" for me. Nice guitar, keep is as original as you can.. Will be worth more in the long run..

Comment

Yes, I couldn't stand the bridge pup, changed to a Dimarzio Tone Zone, nice eye...I still have the original one, though. Thanks for the compliments! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

No problem! We're all here to learn and share. I used to be a big Kramer head and Stephan also knows his shat! What's up bro, you've been a little absent lately.

Comment

Hey John, is the manufacturer of the bridge pickup identified anywhere? I've got an set of old Kramer pickups and the bridge model has "California Pickup Co." inkstamped on the baseplate. I've always wondered who made these. Also, the neck pickups pole pieces are rusted just like yours.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

The pickup is in another guitar right now (still bad), I can let you know when I replace it, which will be soon. It might have said schaller. I've heard Kramer used anything they could, and would frequently jump around with manufacturers. I'll let you know pretty soon, turk.

Comment

Of all the Kramers I've owned (lots) the early one's were all Schaller then they switched to Duncans. Never had any other brand in a Kramer that was original!

Comment

Working...
                              X