Schecter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter?

i am thinking about buying a brand new guitar, never had a brand new,i am the 1st owner guitar and i am looking at getting a Schecter C-1 with the vine of life inlays.
    how good are these guitars? quality playabality (sp?) feel ? i am a left handed player so its hard to actually know these things as i havent found a lefty for sale and will have to order one if i get one.

Re: Schecter?

I saw one in the store. Didn't play it though. The construction quality looks real good. I was thinking of checking one out.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I recently bought a c-1 for my mother..... after playing it, it was painful to give it to her. It is phenomenal!!! Quality is top notch. I however don't see the point in the tone pros bridge but it is nice. The only thing I didn't like was the setup:

a: I don't play 10's

b: the action was a tad high (easily fixable on a tunamatic bridge)

You will not be disappointed if you get one imo.

Comment

Great guitars for the money, definitely one of the best bang-for-the-buck deals out there today. You can't beat Duncan pups and a Tone Pros bridge on a guitar in that price range either.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Ditto what everybody else said. Very quality piece. The reason they're so reasonable is they are made in Korea.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've owned one of the Elite basses....very nice.
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I've played a few here and there, not the C1 though. Even their cheap ones played better than you think they would.

I belive the C1 is a set neck with orginal duncan pickups. '59 and a jb? They actually had one on the friend that was $500, without the vine inlays. If you're a floyd person, AMS does have a model with a floyd.

Comment

The C1+ Classic is the model with the vine inlays. It is neckthru with Duncan JB/59 pickups and the tonepros bridge. The regular C1 is the setneck version. From the guitars I've played in the stores, the Classic is a MUCH nicer guitar than the setneck C1, both in terms of sound and playability. Of course, the Classic also sells for more money--$699 at GC, though maybe you can get it for less online.

I like the Classic enough that I'm strongly considering getting one when I can get the money saved up for it.

Comment

chopper45hd, shoot me an email, I can hook you up with a Schecter.

Matt [email protected]

Comment

Theres someone on ebay selling B stock C1 classics for about 500 or so ... I too have been considering grabbing one of them. I heard someone over at guitarist.net compare them to a prs if you can believe that.

Comment

These are really great guitars. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Theres someone on ebay selling B stock C1 classics for about 500 or so ... I too have been considering grabbing one of them. I heard someone over at guitarist.net compare them to a prs if you can believe that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I'd rate the Classic into PRS territory, but the ones I've played at GC have all had first-rate fretwork and sound. Apart from the fact that the inlays are plastic rather than MOP or abalone, there's nothing about the Classic that screams "cheap" or "second-rate." I would rate it higher than any of the current Japanese Jacksons except the SLSMG, and I think the Classic and SLSMG are equivalent in many ways--though they obviously are aimed at very different audiences!

Comment

Matt, you have mail

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be wary of people selling "B" stock Schecters on ebay. Many of them have a "2" stamped in the fretboard indicating that it is a factory second, usually for blemished finishes.

- E.
                            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                            X