the best of the cheapest copys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the best of the cheapest copys?

Warmoth parts usually do not hold their value and are very low in resale used. I find parts guitars in general are a pretty good platform for tearing down and building upon.

Comment

If re-sale is a problem, scalloping a Fender neck will drop it's value, since it won't be original anyway. Warmoth makes awesome necks and I have never had to do a fret level/dress when setting up a guitar using a Warmoth neck. I've got another Warmoth scalloped neck on order right now.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

double post
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Again looking at the fact it has to ship to Norway, Rune is probably looking at the fact that a neck is a small package and would likely not cost that much to ship there. A complete guitar wuld cost a couple hundred dollars to ship, so he wants to get the body locally where it'll be cheap. I'd agree that a Warmoth neck on a plywood body would be absurd though; find a solid wood body, there have to be some cheap brands distributed in Europe that have solid wood bodies. Since most of the members here are in the USA though, we can't tell you what they would be so you're going to have to research that from your end. This is why people keep giving you answers that are feasible in the States, but not Europe, and the fact you want to use a Warmoth neck is why they're missing the "cheapest" emphasis. Do they sell Epiphone strat copies there? They're real cheap and have solid wood bodies, at least one I got for a family friend did. Samick I believe has solid wood Strat bodies and they're very cheap here as well. Anyway, good luck with the project.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You can buy guitar bodies and necks from the American eBay. I've done that and you only have to pay for the shipping costs, no customs or taxes.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Samick I believe has solid wood Strat bodies and they're very cheap here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a Samick and it's made of plywood. I suppose it depends on the year it was made

Comment

Why not a Carvin Bolt? You can buy the bodies separate and have them finish them to whatever color you want. Or you could just get a Bolt kit and put it together yourself. I think they have a distributor in Norway, as I remember a couple people on their bulletin board were from around that area.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  Samick I believe has solid wood Strat bodies and they're very cheap here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]I've got a Samick and it's made of plywood. I suppose it depends on the year it was made

[/ QUOTE ]That's true, and depends on model as well. In any case would check the neck pocket or trem cavity. If the inside neck pocket is completely painted, that says plywood to me with a paint job hiding it. A Bolt kit is a good idea, probably not that much more than the Warmoth neck by itself. I've even seen a Carvin neck on Ebay before where the guy added some wood and reshaped to into a large 60s Strat headstock, with quilted maple veneer. That was a sweet neck, almost bought it even though I had no use for it. Get the autobody shop to paint it Yngwie white and assemble it.You could experiment scalloping the Carvin neck yourself, or get the scallop dimensions and find a woodshop that'djust follow the instructions. You'd probably have to waive any warranty to them if they're not music techs specifically, but you might get a great result for not much money. Worst case, you still order a Warmoth neck, best case the Carvin neck turns out well. Carvins do have incredible playing necks BTW, you'd have a first class guitar for low-mid price output. I think you can buy just the body from them if you don't want the whole kit, for something like $129 Stateside. If you want non Carvin electronics that may be better for you.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X