Cheapass 7 string.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapass 7 string.

Anyone know anything about these? Dirt cheap, solid wood body. How can you go wrong.

What's the lowdown? I might get one.

http://www.music123.com/Washburn-WG587-i20396.music
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Cheapass 7 string.

man, you guys get gear cheap in the States!

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mike from Division picked up some kind of Washburn 7 as a backup. But then, I've been wrong before...... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I hope they are still around after christmas, I might pick one up.

Comment

Get one while you can, they are a close out...........

Comment

awesome price! get one! washburns are very decent guitars (I have a CS780)
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            man, you guys get gear cheap in the States!

[/ QUOTE ]

Music123 ships internationally by UPS.
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Zeegler, I got one back in the Spring and you can't beat it for $199! I had sold an Rg7420 and was looking for a cheap, fixed bridge, good sounding 7-string for a decent price. This is it. When I bought mine, they also had a hard case for $50! So for $250 I got a good 7-string at a great price. BTW - the pickups blow away the V7/V8 hums that are on the low-end Ibanhads.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I have a sneaking suspicion that Mike from Division picked up some kind of Washburn 7 as a backup. But then, I've been wrong before...... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did. It's not this model. It's a Sonic, or something. Honestly, I've only seen it at practice once, in the studio once, and sitting behind his amp at shows - since the only 7 he actually plays is his Soloist.
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did. It's not this model. It's a Sonic, or something. Honestly, I've only seen it at practice once, in the studio once, and sitting behind his amp at shows - since the only 7 he actually plays is his Soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I play it a lot at home, but you're correct - I have a Sonic 7, non-trem. It's as good a guitar as my Soloist, I just don't like it as much.

I played one of the WG-whatevers in my long 7 string search. Excellent guitar for the money, not in the league of the better mid-range 7s, but for that price...
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I think I'll be getting myself a 7-string xmas gift this year! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

This is my Cheapass 7 String Special. A NOS Peavey Predator TR7, with a $80 custom pickguard from WD (they didn't have a template and no one in the aftermarket makes a pickguard for this thing) Real popular huh???!!! I installed some Dimarzio Blaze pickups, ripped out the inferior electrical components (Korea)and waahla, Priceless! Sounds great. And now if you can find one. I don't know how many are around. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Sorry for the crappy picture. It is actually a metallic black (with gold flakes) It looks almost green in pictures and has a white pearl pickguard.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                      X