New Usa Wolfgang Special Quilt Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Usa Wolfgang Special Quilt Top

Just picked this up last week, It's an 02 model. Plays Awsome, a little different than my early model regular special, but the neck and pick ups kill. Most likely this will be pats in Jan but I'm hoping my Seahawks can pull a 1988 49ners out of their ass [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: New Usa Wolfgang Special Quilt Top

Nice pink strap you got there, and beautiful guitar lying on the concrete... one step up from photographing the guitar on rocks, right Chuckracer? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously though, gorgeous guitar. Wolfgangs are really growing on me lately.

Comment

It's my nice dry garage floor!!!

Also the strap is Red too, My hair is pink though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Donnie, you have mail...

The concrete is a good start...next week: Firepit!

Comment

pardon my ignorance but this looks like the korean version to me (1 piece quilt, 1 volume, flattop, plain neck)how can you tell it's US made ?

Comment

Actually I believe Fred is right, I thought all the EXP's didn't have Ed's sig, but only the 1st coulple runs didn't. Oh well I still only paid a little over $400, Now for a Korean Guitar this thing is the best import I've ever played, Having owned a 1st year special for 4 years this feels just a tad different, but I only think that's because it's new

Oh well on the USA though

Comment

it looks like a EXP for me too.
              the easiest way to say where she was made is by the position of the word "special".
              if the "S" starts on the rightside under the last "G" of wolfgang then it is US made, if the "S" start under the leftside of the "G" it is korean.
              oh, and on the US the eddie signature is branded and on the exp it is printed, i think.
              afaik quilttops on a US made were only on the firstyear std. wolfgangs availible, after that year peavey switched to flametops.

for more infos visit wolfgang guitars
              but nice axe anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I have an export myself and to be honest for 4 times the amount (in Europe) I don't not want the US version
                these are indeed great guitars (and not only for the money)

Comment

here is mine, got it from the dealer who bought it at the NAMM show first when they came out. Great guitars....
                  http://www.usacharvels.com/charvel/n...els/peavey.htm
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Yep, for sure the Korean made one. Dead giveaways are (besides the quilt top. Quilts were only available on the very early Wolf Standard Deluxe) is the squared off Floyd II style bridge, Grover tuners, finished neck instead of unfinished, and printed instead of burnt/stamped serial #.

Comment

I'll actually be returning this tonight, I can get better off ebay, so this will go back to the store as they didn't avertise this as an import

Comment

Are you sure they can accept returns that have been placed on garage floors? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice guitar Donny. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice one, Donny.

Comment

Working...
                            X