Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC-1 or axis

[ QUOTE ]

What tonal difference is there with the custom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just remembered. With the Custom 5 when you turn it down a little it increases the dynamics that you can get with your fingers.

In other words it cleans up the sound a little (reduces the hotness of the pup) and you can get great sounds and harmonics with your fingers with less distortion and they sound cleaner.

I run a high gain amp (Framus Cobra) with the gain set to only about 4. I have learned over the years you can get tone out of your fingers that you can't get with the gained turned up high.
    When the gain is turned up high you lose "dynamics" - it reduces the sound ranges you can obtain.

Thast what I like about this pup.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Can I just drop a Duncan in a PC-1. I've had mine for 3 or 4 years and love it, but the Dimarzio bridge pickup is not my favorite. I thoought it would mess with the sustainer if I just dropped in a Duncan. Wow, am I stupid!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Can I just drop a Duncan in a PC-1. I've had mine for 3 or 4 years and love it, but the Dimarzio bridge pickup is not my favorite. I thoought it would mess with the sustainer if I just dropped in a Duncan.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a plastic clip that attaches to the board of the sustainer where the Dimarzio Humbucker goes into.
        The 4 pick up wires go to 2 spots inside that plastic clip. The clip contains 2 very small bronze crimped pieces that hold the pup wires.

The way to do it is to cut the wires that come out of the clip from the Dimarzio leaving yourself about 4 inches or so of pickup wire coming off of the clip.
        Then just attach the wires of the Seymour Duncan to the old wires coming out of the clip from the previous pup.

This way you don't even need to take the clip off the board.

I had a friend of mine mess with the clip - he took it off the board and broke one of the wires internally.

Its easy if you just leave the clip on the board and use the existing wires coming out of it.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          (I like the PC1 so much I ordered a custom a few months ago).

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats! Details please .... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Here's my Vote......

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Congrats! Details please .... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...Same Wood - Mahagony with Maple Top but Tiger Burst Striped with the edges shaded darker.

Ordered the "AT" headstock which one of their other headstocks like the one on the SLS. Also painting headstock to match body.

Since I altered the headstock I requested no scarf joint - that is a joint that attaches the headstock and neck- I wanted it one piece for increased sustain.

I got the highest 3 frets scalloped. I got the lower horn scalloped for better access to the higher frets.

Gold hardware, Floyd Rose - standard stuff.

Duncan Custom 5 with 2 Duncan Hot Rails.

No sustainer system - I don't use it. Sustainer makes it too easy to play and get sounds - I like to fight it out with my fingers and you get plenty of sustain with this guitar and the Custom pup.

Same neck as it comes with - all maple with maple fret board. I love the fret jobs on these. They are as good as the ones on any Tom Anderson.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Here's my Vote......

[/ QUOTE ]

Just look at that thing. Beautiful guitar. The necks are just top notch and they have awsome paint jobs.

I have the mocha one. It is the one that they photographed for the Jackson catalog. It was at the NAMM show. I got it from Guitarxpress. Great dealer to work with.

Both me and my friend play Jacksons. We have had several Jacksons and Charvels between the 2 of us - SL1, SL2, Warrior, etc...
                We both agree the PC1 is Jacksons best kept secret and their finest guitar.
                I know everybody has their preferences and many people would disagree with me.

Then again, most people have never played this guitar. IMO this is my favorite of all the Jacksons and I have played all of their shredder models.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

I love the look of the mocha - may get one some day ....

Comment

Working...
                  X