Schecter Blackjack Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Blackjack Guitars

Has anyone tried any of the Schecter Blackjack guitars? I've been checking out the PT, and it looks like a real cool guitar.

Re: Schecter Blackjack Guitars

I like the looks of them also and would like to try one, the PT does look very good. Jack.

Comment

I love the Schecters......I'm always going on about how they are the best guitars for the money.

They really play great & are a good durable well built instrument.

The blackjack series.....besides looking great...is very nice because they come with real Seymour Duncan pickups (JB bridge & 59 neck I think) This is a real plus.....you don't have to do a pickup swap like you might have to do with the Duncan designed pickups.

A friend of mine has the Blackjack C1 & its really badass.

Comment

I played the BlackJack C-1 and for the money, it's a fine axe. You get the SD '59/JB pups which is a hard find for an axe in this price range.

Comment

I want to check out the 7 string-I just have to wait until GC gets them! The other schecter diamond series guitars I have played are awesome! They have a good, well built feel to them-kind of heavy but not like a bag of bricks-very solid. And the finishes are gorgeous-like mirrors!

Comment

They are bitchin. I wish I would have bought a Schecter 7 String rather than an Ibanez.

Comment

I've owned 2 Schecters and loved love them both. The black jacks are the new top end of the Diamond Series and they are the best bang for the buck out there!!!

Comment

Hmmm...According to the Schecter site, my local music store is a Schecter dealer, although I've never seen a Schecter in there. Maybe I'll run down today and see if they can order up a blackjack.

Comment

The Blackjack series is the cream of the crop of the import Schecters in my opinion. Pro quality and great necks. I just got the oportunity to play the 7 string and it has swayed me to steer away from the Ibanez I was wanting. The JB 7 in the bridge sounds killer with the low B. The neck is awesome! At $599 it would be a steal!

Comment

I'm not a Shecter fan but I was very impressed with the blackjacks I played at the local music shop. Nice playability, good necks, sounded good too.

Comment

Now this may be a stupid question, but I've never owned a guitar without a locking trem. How well do these stay in tune?

Comment

None of my guitars have locking trems. All are either string through body or hard tails and I don't have any trouble at all. I think the Blackjacks have tone pro bridges which are supposed to have increased tuning stability. I've not tried them though.

Comment

It actually is made to contribute to tone (more transfer of vibration from the bridge to the body) and it also contributes to the bridge not falling off the body when you take all the strings off. Anyway these are really nice guitars for the money, you can't go wrong with one.

Comment

string throughs or TOM bridges only go out of tune if you bend really hard and the string gets hung up in th enut, or if you just really bash on it while playing. Other than that, they rarely go more then a few cents out of tune.

Comment

Working...
                            X