Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Experts - Opinions on Strat Deluxe models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Experts - Opinions on Strat Deluxe models?

Jim-

Is that the same layout at the current Deluxe model? i.e., 2 point steel trem, LSR roller nut & locking tuners. Or did they have the Floyd-style locking bridge, as well? I'd really prefer to buy new, and those two versions are how the current models are equipped.

(...I'm guessing they weren't the real Floyd treatment, locking nut and all? I'd prefer to not go that route with this particular axe, anyway. Otherwise, I'd just buy another Charvel. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Comment

It was a two point American standard trem with Sperzels and Wilkinson roller nut. The Sperzels and Wilkinson were short lived and were replaced with the Schaller tuners and LSR nut. They came with Lace Sensors, but I ditched those in a hurry and went with Dimarzio's like Yngwie's. I played that guitar for 5 or 6 years. That is a record for me.

Comment

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sounds like I caught a couple of bad examples, guys. I'll give 'em another try sometime. And I'm curious to try out the locking bridge version to see if there's a significant improvement over the non-locking.

Comment

From what I remember the Fender/Floyd Rose they used on the last Strat Plus guitars will retrofit all previous years with no mods.

Comment

Working...
          X