No announcement yet.

New ESP Jeff Hanneman Signature Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ESP Jeff Hanneman Signature Series?

anyone have the inside scoop on when ESP is going to get around to releasing a new Jeff Hanneman signature model? the ESP website has said "coming soon" for months....after watching the "Still Reigning" DVD i am wondering which of the guitars he uses will be offered as a signature model...all of them look really cool.

Re: New ESP Jeff Hanneman Signature Series?

Probably we will see that at the Winter NAMM next month.

Comment

I'd like to see the reverse headstock M2 he plays on the Warfield dvd, that thing is sweet. The camo's are cool, but I like the all black guitars better.

Comment

Winter Namm is what was expected, so i agree with toru.

Comment

Yep, the new Hanneman model will debut at Winter NAMM. Unfortunately, neither the ESP or LTD versions will have a Kahler bridge... Original Floyds on both. As for the inlays, I have no idea.

Comment

no kahlers again?

strange on how Hanneman gav up on Kahlers on the production ones. Does ESP not have enough kahlers to put them on all the products? or is hanneman just not into kahlers anymore?

Comment

Re: no kahlers again?

Wouldn't Hanneman still be *playing* his Kahler-equipped axes onstage, no matter what his sig axe comes with?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I THINK I saw pics of Jeff playing his guitar with Floyd on it.
                If so, probably he wouldn't mind to have Floyd on his guitars now that will become his new signature guitars in 2005.

Comment

Both trems havbe their strong points, but since Kahlers are not currently (or at least consistently - maybe they're making some this week) being made, ESP is unlikely to put them on a production model and then be unable to get them. Jeff might be starting to play Floyded models anticipating the day Kahlers are unavailable, so he's used to Floyds by then.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Kahlers are back in production.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep... http://www.kahlerusa.com/ and http://users.adelphia.net/~asaccoia/

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ugh the first one is really axeparts.
                          Neal Moser carrys Kahlers. Him and Gary are good friends i guess. www.nealmoser.com

Comment

I think that the Kalher issues with ESP arise from the fact that the last batch of kalhers "flat mounts" which were made in the 1999-2001(?) time frame are total crap compared to the the original '80s models. I have a 2001 Hannemen model and the newer Kalher has been such a disapointment.

It simply seems to be out of spec, especially the part that holds the string roller. I have had it tweaked several times by pros and it does not cooperate (I even when so far as to have the roller "shimed" to reduce buzing - it worked a little). When I callled ESP, they told me that they could not help me with service or parts (except for the screws which hold it down, yip-ee!). That is the last ESP I will ever buy. Nice guitar otherwise (kind of a gibson scaled soloist - even though ESP markets it as 25.5 - it just aint IMHO).

If the newer Kalher as found on my ESP was at least similiar to the older ones, I might consider parting a Charvel Model series for the trem, but they changed the base and I am not interesting in having extra holes visible in the guitar (at thins point - if I ever rerally start playing the guitar again, I may).

Maybe I have to let Bloodsplatter at this one!
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              As for the inlays, I have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, considering the controversy regarding Jeff's past inlay choices....maybe to keep things cool, ESP told Jeff "No inlays dude!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X