Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: no kahlers again?

[ QUOTE ]
    Nice guitar otherwise (kind of a gibson scaled soloist - even though ESP markets it as 25.5 - it just aint IMHO).

[/ QUOTE ]

In your opinion?? It's either 25.5" scale or it's not??? Did you measure it?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Nice guitar otherwise (kind of a gibson scaled soloist - even though ESP markets it as 25.5 - it just aint IMHO).

[/ QUOTE ]

In your opinion?? It's either 25.5" scale or it's not??? Did you measure it?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Easy there big fella. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] No I did not measure it. But I have a LPC and I have several Jacksons and Charvels (which ARE 25.5 b/c yes I did measure at one point for some reason or another) as well as a 25.5 GMW. The scale on the ESP feels a lot closer to the Gibson that the Jackons etc. Simple as that. I am not a pro and if you do not believe me, that it fine. Just letting people know. It is not a bad guitar and I have been looking at grabing an old Charvel Model series to part out for the trem, but I really do not play the guitar that much anyway and there are better projects which need my attention.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I think that the Kalher issues with ESP arise from the fact that the last batch of kalhers "flat mounts" which were made in the 1999-2001(?) time frame are total crap compared to the the original '80s models. I have a 2001 Hannemen model and the newer Kalher has been such a disapointment.

It simply seems to be out of spec, especially the part that holds the string roller. I have had it tweaked several times by pros and it does not cooperate (I even when so far as to have the roller "shimed" to reduce buzing - it worked a little). When I callled ESP, they told me that they could not help me with service or parts (except for the screws which hold it down, yip-ee!). That is the last ESP I will ever buy. Nice guitar otherwise (kind of a gibson scaled soloist - even though ESP markets it as 25.5 - it just aint IMHO).

If the newer Kalher as found on my ESP was at least similiar to the older ones, I might consider parting a Charvel Model series for the trem, but they changed the base and I am not interesting in having extra holes visible in the guitar (at thins point - if I ever rerally start playing the guitar again, I may).

Maybe I have to let Bloodsplatter at this one!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Thanks so much for this info, it is surprising to me but at least it's something for me to be aware of. It's appreciated - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font> </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

No problem budman. Glad I could contribute!

Comment

Wow. I was not aware of the new vs. old Kahler either. That sucks. I would have thought Kahler would have jsut kept the same spec. Good to know for sure.

Comment

Update....

Hey Chris. This thread actually got me motivated to check out that ESP again so I dragged it out for the first time in a year or so. After measuring, I realise that the hole locations appear to be the same, but they did change the cast for the base itself (it is shaped a little differently and is a little larger). Therefore, I think that I can swap in an 80s Kalher and the only issue will be causmetic (There will probably be some kind of line or discolorization as the new flat mount base is shaped differently and larger than the old). Since I dont play that guitar, I never really cared enough to check.

Comment

Re: Update....

The new ESP Jeff Hanneman models will have Slayer Eagle/dot inlays and an Original Floyd Rose trem.

Comment

Re: Update....

Not that exciting as I expected.
                  These inlays were on K.King's old ESP..
                  I thought there will be a Winter Camo graphic with new totally new inlays..

Comment

Working...
                  X