Parker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker

Well I just got a 1997 Sunburst Parker Nitefly. HSS config. It plays nice. I would like the pickup to be a little hotter though. The piezo pickup is killer.

Re: Parker

I think Duncan makes one specifically for a Parker.
    Check out Ed Romans site. I think he has a paragraph on that.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Check out Ed Romans site

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

lol! [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Actaully the pickups on there are Dimarzios.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

The Parker site says that Ed Roman will install a Duncan Jazz or JB for $250.00. Apparenty you can not just pop a new pick up in.

Comment

Hey,

I just picked up a '96' Nitefly V2. Should be here on Saturday. I've always thought they were cool looking guitars (most people hate the look). How do you like it so far?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The Parker site says that Ed Roman will install a Duncan Jazz or JB for $250.00. Apparenty you can not just pop a new pick up in.

[/ QUOTE ]
                I bet you can, but Ed is nice enough to make the offer to do it for four times the price of the pickup itself.

Comment

I just bought a Parker Fly Deluxe and in reading the reviews on Harmony-Central, people mention that Parker's before 1999 had a different Dimarzio, ie, Parker addressed the complaints of the pickup sound by upgrading the pickups 1999 and after. The newer pickups are the PHWP1 (neck) and PHWP2 (bridge). I could only find these at Musician's friend and bought the bridge one. I just received it and haven't had time to install.

The reason the pickups are different from the norm (and why Ed charges $250) is that they don't have mounting ears. The mounting screws are actually extensions of two of the pickups 12 polepieces (the upper coil one under the A string and the lower coil one is under the B string), ie those two screws are long and stick out the bottom of the pickup. (Actually a pretty nifty idea, if I hadn't seen this on the Parker website manual I never would have figured out how they held the pickups in!). Anyway, the instructions with the new dimarzio pickups are very detailed and show you how all the wires go on the pickup select switch.

Here's the link to the pickup:
                  Parker updated dimarzio pickups

These are cool guitars, very light. The neck is flat and super thin, so it feels foreign from everything else out there.

Comment

I really like the way it feels. I called and talked with a tech at Romans just to see what it would cost for just one pickup. Mine is a HSS config. $50.00 for the installation plus the price of the pickup and shipping. I may take a look and see how hard it would be to install it myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X