ID an epiphone offset v?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID an epiphone offset v?

I found a beater epiphone V in a pawnshop today, Rhoads style, set neck 2 hum with a Kahler and MOP epiphone on the headstock. I have not been able to ID it or figure out if it's worth trying to save.
    Has non-locking schallers with kewl [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] skulls (kidding!) and a Rhoads like pickguard.
    It is not the cheap bolt on 'wing' logo V.
    Any ideas if I should try and save it, or what the model # is?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: ID an epiphone offset v?

did you play it? If so and you like it, and it is cheap enough, pick it up.

Comment

It was missing a couple of strings, but the frets looked good, and the neck was decent feeling. I'm leaning toward it, I was hoping to figure out the country of origin and maybe wood type . It needs rewiring too.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Epi put out a few nicer "shred" guitars in the '80s, some of which were actually USA-made. Could possibly be one those.

Comment

It would most likely be from the Korean made series of shred guitars from 1986-1989. They had a bunch of superstrats called the S series, another batch called the X series, and so on. I dont remember what the Rhoads V was, might have been part of the X series..........

Comment

Working...
          X