Very nice "cheapo" ultimate guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very nice \"cheapo\" ultimate guitars

Immortal, I don't think anyone was arguing or being disrespectful. I actually think you started a very good discussion here. I have personally never played a USA Jackson, just as I have never driven a Lamborghini. However, I know that I have played some real el-crappo guitars (especially acoustics) that cost much more than my old Washburn D-10. And Have played alot of newer electrics that are much worse than my old model 4 and HM strat, but cost a heck of alot more. Maybe if I played an SL-1 I would change my mind, but then again, I don't think the SL-1 offers anything that would impress me at my particualr skill level. If I could actually "shred" or If I owned a Marshall stack, that would be a different story. I am also not a big fan of supporting China's economy,so I would rather go the Korean route. For example, right now I am on a kick to get a 335 type semi-hollow body to screw around with. Epi-dots are Korean, while the Ibanez Artcore ones are Chinese. I've played both, both are pretty nice axes, and the prices are comparable. I will most likely go for the EPi, since it is Korean, and I have been pleased with my other Epi LP.

Comment

Troy, go to Huber and Breeze in Roseville. You'll find a Hotrod Flames SL2, a Blue Ghost flames DK1, and a PC1, not to mention Soldano and Bogner amps. Check it out!

Comment

Dude thanks! I'll call them tomorrow

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I wont buy guitars made in China, Korea, India, Indonesia, or any other country that is in violation of patent laws..............

[/ QUOTE ]Well, since PRS was found guilty of violating US patent law for its Singlecut model, I guess you won't be buying any USA-made guitars now?
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            I wont buy guitars made in China, Korea, India, Indonesia, or any other country that is in violation of patent laws..............

[/ QUOTE ]Well, since PRS was found guilty of violating US patent law for its Singlecut model, I guess you won't be buying any USA-made guitars now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they violated trademark laws not patent laws. Trademarks are violated all the time, sometimes by accident sometimes on purpose. Patents are usually only violated by people in countries who like to stick it to the Western world.................

Comment

i guess Immortal means the Santana SE? but that still has 22 frets too...

Comment

Yes! It's SE. I couldn't remember the "model". Damn, I was so wrong about it. But the guitar is perfect anyway ...

Comment

Each instrument, cheap or expensive, has an individual "personality," I have found. On the whole, you are more likely to get a nice personality out of an expensive handmade guitar, but I've played expensive Jacksons, Gibsons, PRS etc. that were horribly dead-sounding and/or crappy players. Cheaper guitars tend to have worse fretjobs and aren't as likely to be made out of nice-sounding individual pieces of wood--many pieces of maple or mahogany don't have the correct density to be good tonewoods. But I've played enough cheap guitars that just happened to have the magic combination of tonewoods and quality construction to know that you can find great cheap guitars--you just have to look a lot harder than you do with expensive guitars. And it is true that a fair amount of what you buy with your $3000 is 'prestige' or snob-appeal.

I currently have three guitars with very nice personalities that I got dirt cheap: '90/91 Charvel Fusion Deluxe, Ibanez RG620x, and a '92 Carvin DC135.

Comment

Working...
                  X