Ibanez RG350DX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez RG350DX?

Anybody tried one of these? They look OK, but looks can be decieving.

Re: Ibanez RG350DX?

I have a Ibanez 270DX, pretty similar...

It is the only guitar I have ever regretted buying. Terrible pickups, terrible tremolo, the neck is too thin for my tastes, inlays look like crap..

plus sides: the weight is perfect, it looks good

the pups en trem can be replaced, and if you like the neck..
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

That's about what I suspected. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I owned one. The guitar was beautiful. If I only wanted to look at it, it would have been great. The fret edges were sharp, and the pickups sucked. Other than that, if I had taken time to take care of that, it might have been a good player..never found out. sold it.

Comment

Is that the one that looks almost like a white JEM? I played one and I agree-they look real nice but sound like butt. I think they have the "powersound" pickups, which should be called the "manuremound" pickups. Very generic sounding. FOr the money you could probably get a used Japanese made RG and be much more satisified-I think the Japanese models are RG5XX and higher. They are what the JEMs are based on and are very cool axes.

Comment

Yep, those are the one's that look like JEM's.

Comment

Oh yeah, and right after I got it, I was getting it set up, and one of the string saddles broke right in half..cheap metal is all I can say.

Comment

Yeah that's one of the Korea (I think) models. I'd say if you're buying a new Ibanez, get an RG1570. Or a used RG570, there are a lot of those around.

Comment

Well, I opted for an ESPee

Comment

I like those, but the agathis body kinda sets me off..
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Dude, I just got this today and let me tell ya. Wow! It smokes!! It's Maple neck through body with agathis wings. It's heavier than my DKMG!. Sounds incredible with the HZ h4's. I really am pretty surprised. I wasn't expecting it to be this nice. You should check them out.

Comment

I have a M-350 which is almost the same thing, same shape, rev headstock, the exception being a middle single and a mahogany body. I think the M-200FM is a discontined as well.

Not a bad neck thru axe for the money, which they're going for around 250.00-300.00.

Comment

I have a 350DX, the Edge Pro II trem isn't bad at all.. The pups are a bit suspect but a pair of Evo's will make this a very nice playing and sounding instrument. This certainly doesn't match up to my Jem but all in all a very decent instrument.
                          RIP Erika Nicole 1/09/88--7/05/08

http://indiemusicworks.com/Axe/
                          http://www.myspace.com/axe57

Comment

Working...
                          X