Ibanez Jem question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Jem question

I found a Jem with the WET looking black finish,original DiMarzios, chrome hardware.I'm guessing its a 7 D because it has the screw head fret markers.I had a burned stained blue one years ago.Asking price is $900.00 but I know he has room to move.No case is the kicker for me.The guitar itself is 9 out of 10 just missing the locking pads on the nut.What did they call this finish? And is it a desireable finish to the collector?I will no doubt flip this one quickly.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: Ibanez Jem question

It was a textured black finish on those JEM7DBKs. I actually prefer the Breed pickups on those than the Evolutions on the other JEM7s. I wouldn't exactly call that a desireable finsish to a collector. They're more interested in the multi-colored swirls. Personally I wouldn't go over $800 without a case.

Comment

This was the "entry-level" JEM a few years back. I certainly would NOT pay $900 for it without a case or the locking nut pads. More like $700 would be right, and some probably wouldn't pay that much. You can usually get one of the primo JEM 7VWHs with the alder body, ebony board, and 'vine of life' inlays for around $1,100 used, so I certainly wouldn't pay $900 for the DBK.

Comment

I sold my Blue Floral Pattern one with the case for $1000.

I hated the sound of it and the hardware was el cheapo.

Neck was friggen fast though.

Ibanez guitars to me sound best in Highly Processed Environments. They have fast necks though.
        PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

i agree with the sentiments above. my ibanez guitar looks good, has a fast neck but doesn't feel particularly well made...although, the lo pro trem is great.

Comment

Agree with what the others say - this would be worth 650-750 without case.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks guys.I made an offer of $600.00 I don't think he liked it but oh well!!Is there a market for the entry level Jems or are they passed over by the Ibanez collectors?I did find a case for $75.00 if I need it.

Comment

Yeah, don't pay over $650 for a 7DBK. BTW, I've owned a VAI2KDNA and a 7DBK (same specs, except for paint job) and they played equally well.
                Why don't you just buy my 7VSBL and then you won't have to worry about getting a bottom of the line Jem, hehe. But, seriously, the only Jem that was ever "bottom of the line" was the Korean 555 models.
                Brian

Comment

What does a VAI2KDNA look like?Is that the swirl one with his blood in the paint?I really want a 777 in LNG or DY.

Comment

Yep, that's it. My avatar is a close up of a part of the body of a DNA.

Comment

I was a big Ibanez player for a long time; just Jem 7s and Universes. I had a beautiful Jem7VWH with an ebony board that I sold for about 1200 last year. As far as Jems go, stay away from the Jem 555s at all costs. I'm curious if this one you are thinking of buying is the same as the Jem 555 or if its the Jem 7DBK, which is a fairly decent version. I think your offer of 600 was a good place to start with him. 900 is way too much. If you could get it for 650, that'd be a great deal.

Comment

Its a 7DBK MIJ.Its quite nice really condition wise just no trem bar, nutlocking pads or case.I think I'll wait for a 777 LNG or DY to pop up on E bay or keep looking other places.I am working on a deal for a very clean model 88 with tweed case and all case candy.I passed on a LNG 777 5 years ago for 800.00 I wish I had picked it up when I had the chance.

Comment

I'm kind of sad that the selection of JEMs has gone so downhill. I remember in the early nineties the first couple pages of the Ibanez catalog had about 8 million different Jems and UV's....I always wanted one but couldn't afford them when I was 14....

Comment

I was never really into Ibanez guitars but the JEMs were kind of special.

Comment

Working...
                            X