My New GMW has arrived.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My New GMW has arrived.

Sweet axe bro, now I'm going to have to do a Red Sparkle next! Where to find a body.......... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

noooooo! not mine..
      You can always do it by yourself like the Green one you did.
      That was a killer finish!

Comment

Toru.. gorgeous as usual!!! I almost went for that exact color on my latest order before deciding on the charvel silver/baby blue burst.

rich

Comment

Rich, I also got the idea of Sparkle after seeing your BC Rich Widow(?).
          It was Pink-ish Sparkle and that was great looking too.

Comment

BTW, to all you who keep asking:

Lee has not revealed the new headstock design and will not till an undisclosed official date..

Lee is not taking ANY new orders untill he finishes all the orders that are hanging in the balance and overdue because of his legal troubles with Fender earlier this year.

Just because Lee is unveiling a new headstock design does not mean that is what you have to have on your guitar. There are many other designs he can use.. I just think the controversy was with the strathead (same controvery that plagued the original charvel's 20 years ealier.) I ordered a Gibson style flying V from GMW with late 70's/early 80's oversized Gibson V headstock (more rounded than usual V headstock)

Rich

Comment

Toru.. do you mean the BC Rich Virgin I had? That was a beautiful guitar. You know the losers at the BC Rich board told me that paint job was hideous? Kind of funny considering they all sweated the Body Art Series.

Comment

Oh! That was Virgin!
                I didn't know exact model but I believe you had 2 in Sparkle/Metalic colors.

Yea, BC Board sucks...I guess as the company went down so the Majority of the community... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Beautiful axe Toru. The red sparkle is definitely killer. Can't wait to see digital camera pics of that birdseye maple.

Deviltronix I think Lee is no longer doing Jackson style pointy headstocks as well. At least I thought I saw a member here had just got the last one Lee was doing. Probably for the same reason as the strat heads.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Toru
                    That guitar is simply beautiful. It reminds me of my blue metallic.
                    Congrats...
                    I would like to eventually host a page of other collector's GMWs on my website.
                    Monte

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I think Lee is no longer doing Jackson style pointy headstocks as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. Lee told me that himself a few months ago.

Comment

Monte, that sounds like a great idea. We have the pure Jackson / Charvel gallery here, but other than the GMW site itself, there's no GMW archive that I know of.....I can get you pics of my 2 (soon to be 3) when you need 'em.
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Yeah...i will work to create a page and maybe have a message door of some type....i am still learning all this

I will let you know when I am ready to start the GMW Gallery
                          Monte

Comment

Monte, great idea!
                            SInce not all the guitars Lee built are on his website Gallery, it will be great especially adding some details of the guitars and maybe some comments such as how it plays, how long it took to receive.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Monte , awesome idea, so many of us have GMW's I'm sure we could assemble quite a collection of pics
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Very cool. I took super high resolution pictures and then worked with them to size them down.
                                This will be cool. Be cool to start doing some research and trying to locate some of the older GMW guitars.

I had one made in 2000 when I first found out about them.

Cool...we can coordinate off line
                                Monte

Comment

Working...
                                X