Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody tell me about GMW / Empire guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tell me about GMW / Empire guitars?

I stumbled upon their website:
    http://www.gmwguitars.com/empireguitars.html

They look great and I heard some of you folks around here have some experience with them. I was hoping you could share some feedback. Are they legit? I'd def. be more interested in their less expensive guitars.
    [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Anybody tell me about GMW / Empire guitars?

I've got a couple GMWs, great guitars! Lee is awesome to work with. Just search around the forum, many JCF bros own or have owned one. Excellent quality and great service. Definitely can't got wrong with one.

Comment

I was going to get one but they no longer make a bolt on neck.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I've been working on some searches. I've got some getting used to do, this forum just seems a little difficult to navigate.

What sort of price range do GMW / Empire guitars sit at?

Comment

If the forum looks a little weird, you can click on the "My Home" link underneath the "Matt's Music" banner, and adjust your settings and preferences there.

[ QUOTE ]
          I was going to get one but they no longer make a bolt on neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who no longer makes a bolt-on neck? I just visited the Empire link and neckthroughs and bolt-ons are available, unless I misread something. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

GMW no longer makes 24 fret bolt-on necks. I've got one of the last ones...

They removed scalloped fretboards as an option, too.

Comment

Any pics of your 24fret bolt on?
              I had one and it was 24fret bolt on too.
              It was probably made by end of last year or early this year.

Comment

The Empires are great guitars. I played a bunch at NAMM 2 years ago and played a few at Neal Moser's house last year during NAMM. Super low action, perfect fit and finish. I *think* they sell in the low $2k's.

Comment

I've got one and it is great. Exactly like I wanted even though I would have though I needed to be way more detailed in describing what I wanted. Guess Lee has build so many guitars he can read minds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Toru, I do have a progress photo that Lee just sent me.

Unfortunately, my scanner's software is incompatible with my current OS. So I'm trying to hold out until I get her home and can take photos with the digital camera from all angles.

What I've seen exceeds all of my expectations though. Can't wait to show the board. I think I can safely say it is unlike anything else you've ever seen...truly a one-of-a-kind guitar.

Moreso now that you can no longer order a certain kind of head design that I was fortunate enough to have ordered...

Comment

Gee, wonder what that is? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

gimme an S- "S"!!!
                        gimme a T- "T"!!!
                        gimme an R- "R"!!!
                        gimme an A- "A"!!!
                        gimme a T- "T"!!!
                        gimme an H- "H"!!!
                        gimme an E- "E"!!!
                        gimme an A- "A"!!!
                        gimme a D- "D"!!!

What's that spell?!!

OBSESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

I really think Lee should have a digital camera to take quick pics to send to his customers instead of real photos..
                          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have had nothing but one good experience after another with GMW Guitars. I have owned 4, currently own 2 and I'm currently having one built as of the writing. For the $ everything is there that most guitarist want. He makes a hell of a super strat IMO.

Comment

Lee makes some serious guitars. The guitar in my avatar is a GMW. It is the guitar that I should have ordered 20 years ago!. Made to order and arives ready to rock out. Neck specs are perfect IMHO. Graphics by THE Dan Lawrence (Jackson/Charvel still send work to him). I have another on the way.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X