Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in light of the tragedy, i have a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in light of the tragedy, i have a question...

the Dime Razorback Deans? Is it going to be like what happened with the Jackson Rhoads model when Delores let Jackson produce them?

does anyone have speculation on this? or is it bad of me to ask and too early to decide what happens with the line?
    i apologize if this offends anyone because my asking about the guitar...

Re: in light of the tragedy, i have a question...

nothin wrong with the question, imo, but i think it's too soon to tell what will happen. i thought i saw somewhere that dean was hoping that they could proceed with the endorsement deal, but i think we'll have to wait and see.

namm may be pretty interesting this year.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I would rather see them keep the Razorback in production for a long time than see them put out a bunch of MLs with a Dime stamp. What makes the Rhoads model special is its differentiated from the other models, and can be recognized 6000 feet away. I assume the Razorback will be the same thing, and be a very worthy legacy...........

Comment

I would love to see the Razorback.
        Also the limited edition Dimebolt.
        I have read that they are all presold.

Comment

any1 got pics of this design ?

Comment

Though the ML was out well before anyone knew who Darrell was, it will forever be associated with him by younger players as if was his signature guitar all along.

Comment

I kinda look at it like Angus and SGs, James Hetfield and Explorers, Steve Jones and Les Paul Customs, etc.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                any1 got pics of this design ?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...fpart=1#328348

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I kinda look at it like Angus and SGs, James Hetfield and Explorers, Steve Jones and Les Paul Customs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly! Even though some very famous guys, like Sammy Hagar for example, once played the ML, no one is more associated with it than Dime. I'd say that's even more so than the examples Boxcar gave; you could mention Tony Iommi for the SG and Johhn Sykes as a Les Paul Custom guy, not to mention, err... Les Paul. Who else, besides Sammy, can you name as a famous ML player? Someone probably can but I can't think of one right now.I would consider it fitting if the ML as well as the Razorback became Dime sig models in the future. Sure it benefits Dean bigtime, but Dime lovd Dean guitars, so ifhis association can help the company prosper, what's wrong with that? May as well bag on Jackson for making the Rhoads after Randy's death, and I bet there'd BE no Jackson guitars today if they'd done that. Plus, money from any Dime sig guitars will go to Rita, like Rhoads money goes to Delores, anybody begrudge her that? She was with him from the 3rd grade, I'd say she deserves it.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

yeah, i remember when people associated the KV1's with Dave and he just took the production madel and slapped his name on it, when you guys talked about the ML's being associated with Dime.
                    i remember seeing the thing for the first time, i was like, "dude, what the hell is that???". Dime was really the one who made me think about in a different light. Hell, now i'm even considering getting one some day. Though the Razorback template looks pretty nasssty (in the best way, of course), i'd kill to see that thing when it comes out.

Comment

I'm a Dean forum member. As long as the family consents, the guitar will still go into production. Per Elliott Rubinson, owner.
                      Dana <~~~
                      '85 Rhoads Custom
                      '86 SD Str*t
                      '86 Model 4 (5)
                      '87 Model 1
                      '87 Model 6
                      '88 Model 3DR
                      '90 650 XL
                      '94 KE-3
                      '97 DR Amberburst
                      '97 Dinky BOFlames
                      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

sounds good dana, thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                        X