1958 gibson es-225t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 gibson es-225t

I have an oppurtunity to buy this, in fact, its sitting in my lap right now!!! The guy was asking $1000 but said he'd go as low as $900. Now I love the guitar, it is completely different from my other two electrics, usa jackson and an ibanez, which are more for my metal/shred tastes. Basically, I want to know if this is a good deal, there isnt one on sale over ebay, which could mean it's actually pretty rare. It seems like something I might also be able to sale for a bit more down the road.

Re: 1958 gibson es-225t

How is the condition?
    Original parts?
    These 50's 225T would sell at least more than double.
    So if the guitar is playable and in decent shape, you must grab it!
    Even you decide to sell it later, you will sure get your money back.

Comment

In natural they are worth $1700-2000
      Sunburst $1500-1800

There is alot of value there in parts. The values above are affected by the originality of these parts. The knobs, switch tip, truss rod cover, and maybe even jackplate are all desireable items worth alot of money. If any or all are changed, the value of the guitar is affected.

Comment

haha, my dad just wrote the check for $900, though he says he's free to sell it in the future I told him to look at it as a christmas/brithday present for the next 3 years. To answer the other questions, it is sunburst, there are a few very small nicks and dings on it and some slight cracks in the paint, but other then that it is in excellent condition for this old of a guitar. All original parts he said, except there is a strap holder put into to where th neck meets the body. I'm so excited right now, cant believe this all started with my dad saying "look at this guitar" when he saw it in the paper, he knows nothing about guitars but saw it was old and said gibson. Man, I'll never have enough guitars, I still need to get at least three more usa jacksons, fender yngwie sig, john petrucci sig, couple carvins, washburn dimebag sig, jem, chrome boy, etc. I better get a real job!!!

PS: I'll post pics(a forum rule) as soon as I can. Sometime after christmas since my sister has a nice digital camera. I'll even put up pics of my sl2h-mah in trans-green, that'll really make you drool!!

Comment

All you have to do is ask your father to give you all these guitars as christmas/birthday/ presents for the rest of your life.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude! That guitar is as old as my parents. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I would love to see some photos of it when you get the chance! The oldest guitar I've owned was from 1990 but I have this strange desire to own at least one guitar that's older than I am, so older than September 1983. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah, even if I dont play the blues a lot, this guitar gives me a reason to!!! Pics will come ASAP.

Comment

After you get it, have a pro look at the parts. There is an easy $1K in plastic parts and pots on it that could be replaced with very similar looking reissue parts. It is best to KNOW just what you have so if it is stolen or you decide to sell, you know just what you have.

Comment

Yes...what Jim said (seriously!)

Comment

you just bought a hot item YO!

j/k

post pics, it sounds awesome.

Comment

ill definitely get it checked out, the guy seemed pretty legit, he was a straight up hippied missing his front teeth, he said he was the second owner and knows the original owners quite well. Either way, never hurts to know for sure, and im drivin through a good size town around christmas time.

Comment

GREAT guitar, man. Now's the time to start taking jazz lessons. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

haha, im going to school for classical guitar next fall, im sure ill pick some up on the way if I dont become another snooty classical guy.

Comment

they were made for 3 year 55-58, one P90 in middle position, trapeze tailpeice bridge, bevelled edge pickgaurd, with body binding top & back.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              haha, im going to school for classical guitar next fall, im sure ill pick some up on the way if I dont become another snooty classical guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let yourself become one. While I was studying classical, I also took on jazz theory and composition. My instructor was of a rare breed, an extraordinarily accomplished classical guitarist and professor, as well as a jazz/country/rock virtuoso (he actually studied with Chet Atkins for several years). A whole new world opens up if you can combine classical technique and discipline with improvisational ability. Good luck with your studies. 8^)

Comment

Working...
                              X