Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77/78 Les Paul Deluxe

Hey guys, My step son has a 77 or 78 LP Deluxe
    This is the model with the small buckers.What are your opinions on this model. He needs money and asked me if I'm interested.What is it worth approx?I would rather have the full size hums but if I can get a good deal on it I may go for it anyhow.It's dark wine color with cream binding (aged yellow)set neck and the tuners have been replaced w/Sperzel locking ones.Has the usual buckle rash on the back and a few minor dings on the top.It is after all almost 30 years old.It's still set up great and plays fine.I know the original owner and it's always been taken good care of.Any ideas on a good price? and what do you think of the sound or tone of these?I don't see too many of these being used for some reason and it looks like to change out the pups would require some woodworking skills.This sucker is heavy and appears to be mahogony.

Re: 77/78 Les Paul Deluxe

It is mahogany, it is heavy, and they are more plentiful than you'd expect. Personally, I love the tone of mini-humbuckers. Since the guitar is not 100% original (Klusons vs. Sperzels) and with the amount of wear you describe, I'd say a $900 to $1200 range is fair.
    "POOP"

Comment

If you get this guitar and want full sized hums, I have a '95 Std. in the same color, all original. The only thing is it has a neck repair. It is a super pro job, with a super pro neck refin so that the repair is only visible if you look close for it. Best playing and lightest LP I have ever played. I might consider a trade if you are interested and the Deluxe isn't too heavy. I have always wnted an LP with mini hums. I guess its the Adrian Smith in me!

Comment

900-1200 sounds about right. Don't sell those mini-hums short though! They sound wonderful. I've been wanting a guitar with mini-humbuckers for a long time.

If you really can't stand the mini-humbuckers, you can drop in P-90's - they should just fit.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
        X