When were Khalers first manufactured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When were Khalers first manufactured?

Does anyone have some manufacturing history on Khaler trems? I'm wondering when they were first produced. I'm guessing around 83 as thats when they showed up in the J/C catalogs. Any other info out there?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Re: When were Khalers first manufactured?

Not sure when Khalers were produced, but I seem to remember prototypes of Kahler bridges as early as 1982.............

Comment

Just checked and they had prototypes as early as 1980, of course the flatmounts were probobly around 1982...........

Comment

I wish they were canceled, or the masterplans died LOL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I wish they were canceled, or the masterplans died LOL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sometimes, not even death can stop things like that. Just look at you, aborted by your parents and still posting........... [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry you feel that way. I happen to like Khalers much more than Floyds. They have a much smoother action and don't warble.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

geeez some people take stuff a little to serious, no sense of sarcasm?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                geeez some people take stuff a little to serious, no sense of sarcasm?

[/ QUOTE ]

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

Bloodsplatter has the Charvel Kalher demo guitar. It is an 1982:

http://www.chuckscharvels.com/reaper.htm
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

How many guitar manufacturers are using Kahlers as original equipment today? Answer: ZERO. There is a reason for that, Kahlers suck.

Comment

All just a matter of opinion,some people love 'em & some people(like Jeff!!LOL!!)hate 'em!!

& yes,my Grim Reaper is the Kahler demo guitar,first Charvel ever with a Kahler,thanx for posting the link James,much appreciated!!

Comment

No problem Chuck, glad that your stuff is available to the "community" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, I think think it is funny how many people dislike the Kalher flatmount. I have found that for certain applications the Kalher is better than a Floyd. I love Floyds (originals that is, I have yet to find a copy or licensed Floyd that is better than paper wieght material).

I personlly consider the Kalher to be an excellent substitute for a tune-o-matic or other non-trem bridge if the guitar is not really a Floyd compatable guitar, like my moded '81 LPC (which I prefer - I want a real trem on my guitars!). I have found that it is much more stable for tuning way down than a Floyd. Also, tweeking a set up can be a lot easier becuase of the ease at which individual string hieghts can be adjusted. The only real downer to the Kalher (once you get it set up right, which I admit is a PITA), is the fact that the only way to really effect spring tension more than slightly is to change the springs, which are not that readily available.

From what I can see, the reason why Kalhers "failed" has alot more to do with poor marketing, distribution and licening IMHO. Kramer (or whoever ended up owning the rights by the mid 80s) licenced (and allowed) really crapy floyd copies for everyone and their grandmother. Kalher missed the chance and the rest is history.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          How many guitar manufacturers are using Kahlers as original equipment today? Answer: ZERO. There is a reason for that, Kahlers suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of the song Premenstral Princess Blues...........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZERO. That is the answer to a lot of questions. Like, how many good guitar players does Jackson have as endorsees? Or, how many times I've heard a meaningful reason why Kahler's suck.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I know that Kahlers are girls trems, but you guys don't need to get your panties in a bunch! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sell your Gahler'd guitars and buy a sense of humor!

Comment

Working...
                              X